what kind of beyers are these?
May 17, 2004 at 12:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

fappar

100+ Head-Fier
beyer.jpg

saw these for sale, but there was no better pic... what kind of beyer are these? While i'm at it, are they any good?

May 17, 2004 at 5:03 AM Post #3 of 10
Looks like a DT931 to me...

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

May 17, 2004 at 5:22 AM Post #4 of 10
The picture is not the most revealing - but they look a lot like my older dual cord 990's. I just had these refurbished by Beyer - price for both pads , headband cloth , cord and service/shipping came to a reasonable $85.00.
Un-fortunatly - while waiting for repair I went headphone shopping. Bought a set of Grado SR-60's to tide me over 'till the Beyer's came back. These are a a lot of headphone for the money - but just not comfortable enough to be worn for hours straight.
Even more un-fortunatly I listened to a set of Sony CD-3000 and bought them. The CD-3000's are amazingly comfortable and sound as good as some people claim they do on this site. I don't regret the investment in these phones.
Soundwise - I would rate the CD-3000 head and shoulders above the 990 or 60's - and given the price differntial - they ought to be. I would probably rate the SR-60's second - these suckers are really involving and a absolute steal for the price . I've had the 990's for a long time - they are very comfortable - but simply not nearly as interesting to listen to music thru as either of the other phones.

May 17, 2004 at 12:25 PM Post #8 of 10
Hmm..is he sure about that?
confused.gif
I can't find a single reference on the net for Beyer DT 977s...not refernce, no image....and these look exactly the same to me....
Not saying he's not right, they're his cans, afterall, but it's starnge there's not a single mention of that can ever existing, though someone else might know something...

May 17, 2004 at 5:04 PM Post #9 of 10
I seem to remember my old dt990s (non-pro 600ohm version, at least 12 years old) had a single-sided cord. Someone has emailed me to inform me I'm wrong, and I well could be...so I have to say I could be wrong.
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back