What is your reason for your preferred Music Format? (Share us your Thoughts!)
Aug 3, 2013 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

PinoyPogiman

100+ Head-Fier
Now, as we all venture deeper into our personal journey's into the art of audio-reproduction.

Headphones and DAP's are just the start into true audio enthusiasm.

And not all audio codecs that are given to us in this day of age of hi-tech computers and advanced calculators.

And not only various audio codecs, but as well as the format we all purchase (or.. download)

There be it the classic Vinyl disks that have just a bit of growing popularity with todays cognoscenti.

or little Tapedecks that you may remember as a kid (or maybe through personal experience).

perhaps the all famous CD which still has popularity today.

maybe like the rest of society and in this day of age. Download via iTunes, Beatport, maybe even websites... or piratebay..

There is no wrong or right way of listening to music, its all by preference. But surely we all have our reasons for our favorite preference in buying our own music!

Now for my own personal preference, i LOVE buying my music. I cannot stomach the idea of ehem, pirating music...

But i am quite specific about whatever way i buy my music, and someday i may go the Vinyl listening route. someday.

but I just LOVE buying music in CD format, there is a charm in physically buying music, the collectibility, and maybe the potential resale value :D

I have a pretty small collection, and i am no hipster, but buying music in physical format just has a greatness to it, much like any other music CD i buy i always purchase and own by heart. Something i dont feel when i used to purchase in digital format, which i say has no sentimental or collectible value imo.

I find buying CD's to have people love an artist's album and hear the music artist's passion and work put into an album instead of trying to grasp that idea from just one song (unless it was a Single's album). catch my drift?

CD's are practical, they have their pros and cons.

as they may be somewhat flimsy and easy-to-ruin.

They also have the ability to be computer-burned into much greater sounding formats, in many various audio digital codecs such as Mp3, AAC, Apple Lossless Audio Codec(apple's own FLAC), FLAC, AIFF, etc.

in laymans terms: CD's tend to sound better, than a single purchased digitally from iTunes.
Unless... you purchase digitally in FLAC.

Otherwise i would have more to say, but here are some pictures of my ever-growing small collection.
of my favorite artists and albums.

in order from first purchased, to recent purchase.

Halo Trilogy- The Complete Original Soundtracks- Various Artists
Discovery- Daft Punk
Homework- Daft Punk
Random Access Memories- Daft Punk
Demon Days- Gorillaz
Gorillaz- Gorillaz }
Cross- Justice } Both bought just now.. 8/3/2013

Now, i do seem a tad late to be a fan of Gorillaz now... but you surely cannot be late to good music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back