What is your reaction regarding the $290 Westone 3 in China
Dec 10, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #2 of 10
Unfortunately the W3s are not going to drop in price simply because of China's low selling price. In US, W3s cost $399 USD, in Australia they cost $450+ USD. Yet, we do not see the Australian W3s being adjusted to match the US RETAIL price. I highly doubt any of the European or American markets will adjust the price of W3s to match low sale prices of Chinese retailers who can absorb a lot of the profit loss by the sheer volume they sell and the lower wages they pay their employees.

Dec 10, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #3 of 10
that was a really good analysis. but the Westone 3s are assembled in China, that saved a lot of labour over the UM2s which are assembled in the US. We should be expecting a price drop, maybe not as big though.

Dec 10, 2008 at 7:17 AM Post #4 of 10
I meant that the lower wages of employees working for the retailers will allow the retailers to sell them for less. Also, since they are being manufactured and sold in China, the Chinese distributors can also save some money in terms of shipping and handling from the warehouse to their stores.

In the end, even if Europe and Americas can sell for cheaper, which I'm sure they can, the retailers won't do it because people are still buying W3s for $399 a pop...

Ideally, I would like to pick up some nice IEMs when I go to China
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2008 at 8:25 AM Post #6 of 10
Yeah +1 on who cares. All goods are priced differently in different countries, and Americans get almost every luxery good cheaper than anywhere else in the world. If you think it's not fair, you really need a reality check. The average monthly salary in China is less than $300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back