What is your preferred computer keyboard and mouse
Dec 31, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #46 of 51
I have a logitech MX-518 mouse and a black AOpen $4 keyboard. It is the best keyboard I have ever used. The key tension is just right and the keys are laser etched and it retailed for $4 new.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 31, 2006 at 7:25 PM Post #48 of 51
Update

So far this last combination seems to be working very solid for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK; today, I traded in my Microsoft Wireless Desktop 6000 keyboard combination for a Microsoft Comfort Keyboard (low end) and a Microsoft Wireless Mouse 8000 (high end).

The mouse is a bluetooth device. The previous one was a 27 mhz device. We will see how it works around my desk. The mouse has a bluetooth doggle.

The keyboard is a simple USB plug-in device that has an ergometric design of the previous keyboard without all the bells; just direct connection with a great touch and key curvature.

I have enough trouble writing my sentences without the keyboard being an additional barrier for me.

Dec 31, 2006 at 8:08 PM Post #49 of 51
For Mice I use Logitech exclusively. i like their designing, engineering and software. i also like the feature set and range of options. The feel of the mouse is important to me, and Logitech gets it right.

For keyboards I'm not nearly as picky. I don't touch type so my needs aren't as stringing as a lot of people.

right now I'm using a Microsoft Internet keyboard, mostly because it was a good deal.

Dec 31, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #50 of 51
I really loved my $5 Lite-On keyboard (they've raised the price since I got it) - it's cheap and uses the PS/2 interface because it has none of those extra function keys that I never use.

But now I really love the keyboard on my Vaio TX850P. I've gotten so used to the short travel of the keys that using regular keyboards feels sloppy.

As for the mouse, I'm using the old Logitech USB mouse that came with a Dell four years ago - it's still going strong!

Jan 15, 2007 at 9:18 AM Post #51 of 51
For those using Logitech keyboards with media player controls, here's a way to add foobar support. I use a Logitech Media Keyboard Elite on WinXP and foobar 0.9.4.2 with ColumnsUI. The "Play" "Stop" "Next" "Previous" buttons would only work if foobar is the active, topmost application. Adding the first line below to the players.ini file enables control of foobar when it is minimized or in the background.

Quote:

With a vanilla install of the SetPoint drivers you can’t control Foobar when foobar’s window is not active. And since it is very stupid to first make Foobar active, and then controlling it with your multimedia keys, we’re gonna make make SetPoint love a minimized/not active/’traybarred’ Foobar.

Head over to C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\players.ini and add the following line below [players]:

If you are using ColumnsUI:

foobar2000=wac,foobar2000.exe,{E7076D1C-A7BF-4f39-B771-BCBE88F2A2A8},xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Foob ar2000

If you are using Foobar 0.9.1:

Foobar2000=wac,foobar2000.exe,{DA7CD0DE-1602-45e6-89A1-C2CA151E008E}/1,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Foobar2000

--

If you want to be able to chose foobar in the media player selection window in the setpoint app, add these lines, and change your foobar2000 path:

[Players.Run]
foobar2000=path,C:\Program Files\foobar2000\

[Players.Display]
foobar2000=foobar2000

Info copied from: http://weyland.be/weblog/index.php/2...t-and-di-novo/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back