What is your portable setup?
Sep 17, 2017 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

TjPhysicist

100+ Head-Fier
I apologise if this has been done before but: Please post here what your portable setup looks like, and more importantly what kind of upgrade (if any) you are thinking to do on it in the coming years.

I've really been struggling with a "portable setup" the last few years. I decided that i'll eventualy buy a WA8 but i have NO IDEA what to use as my music player. With 3.5mm jacks on phones looking to be gone the way of the dodo and phones being unable to be charged AND be using usb devices at the same time....DAP seems to be the only option, but DAPs a good DAP with Tidal/Spotify etc is $1000 at least. Is this what you guys use? DAPs?

How many of you use phones? what do you plan to do once u need to upgrade and phoens no longer have 3.5mm jacks?

Sep 18, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #2 of 2
I apologise if this has been done before but: Please post here what your portable setup looks like, and more importantly what kind of upgrade (if any) you are thinking to do on it in the coming years.

I've really been struggling with a "portable setup" the last few years. I decided that i'll eventualy buy a WA8 but i have NO IDEA what to use as my music player. With 3.5mm jacks on phones looking to be gone the way of the dodo and phones being unable to be charged AND be using usb devices at the same time....DAP seems to be the only option, but DAPs a good DAP with Tidal/Spotify etc is $1000 at least. Is this what you guys use? DAPs?

How many of you use phones? what do you plan to do once u need to upgrade and phoens no longer have 3.5mm jacks?

Maybe going through this thread would help you see/decide for yourself - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi.633511/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back