What is your normal listening "position" ?
Oct 31, 2011 at 8:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Nepenthe

500+ Head-Fier
I'm wondering if I'm abnormal here and appreciate all responses. Also if there's already a 200-reply thread on this please let me know and I'll go away.

I spend some of my time listening at very low volume at the office, but most of my listening time at home is spent lying on my couch soaking up the sounds at slightly higher volume. I'd say it's 60% upright in an office chair and 30% lying down on a couch with 10% spent lying down on a bed.

In fact, I've hesitated on pulling the trigger on HiFiMan HE-500s because of concerns that they're incompatible with lying down due to the size of the earcups.

Am I alone in my concerns over cup size in headphones? How do you spend most of your time with non-IEM headphones on?

Oct 31, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #2 of 8
Sitting upright in a desk chair.

This is predominantly because I do most of my music listening on my home desktop that has all the music, which also has a not-very-portable Stax setup connected to it. It's also because I have a typical desk chair, which I find a bit unsuitable for my needs. I'd prefer something more ergonomic and reclining a bit, yet without wheels so that it's not sliding around the place every time I attempt to use my rudder pedals.

On occasion, I may just lie back in bed, don the HTF600s, and pipe some music through my 2730p, but since I'd rather be on my desktop when I'm at home the vast majority of the time...yeah.

Oct 31, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #3 of 8
My favourite listening position would be reclining a bit on the couch with the lights off but my normal listening position is sitting on the floor by my bed (which is also my study desk, lol) and using my laptop as my source. 

Oct 31, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #4 of 8
I recline on a couch with my laptop on purpose made laptop table so I can surf and type as well.

Oct 31, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #5 of 8
"reclining a bit in a chair"
FTW.

I'd love to lie down but the cups are a bit too big...

Oct 31, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #7 of 8
At work it's in my office chair. At home it's usually laid back on my couch or laying down in my wife's lap while she watches TV. I can't stay still very well so I usually get up to move around every 15-30 mins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back