What is your job in real life?
Jan 13, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #31 of 113
Data Entry and full time student. It gives me just enough to get by and afford a bit of my hobbies. Job isn't so bad though as the organization I work for sends preschool teachers through college. Pretty cool knowing that my work is part of the bigger picture of helping people out.

I can relate to that - for the first time in my career I'm also working for a company that helps people (it is a medical device manufacturer). It is a very cool feeling to know you are helping someone have a better life. :)

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #32 of 113
Student majoring in Communication studies and working part time as a waiter at a restaurant.

Jeez Jonny, quite the story.

That's nothing lol. I had a call in the ghetto in one of the worst bars in Columbus. We can refuse the calls we get, but my excitement and curiosity got the better of me so I walked in. I opened the door, when it closed every person in the entire bar stopped what they were doing and looked up. The music stopped and I'm thinking OH ******!! So I ask if any one called a cab and nobody responds so I leave. As I'm getting back in the cab some guy pokes his head and yells if I'm the cab driver, I say yes, so he comes running over. I say "what was all that about, I was about to crap my pants". He goes "ahh s**t man!" "We though you was da po-lice, we were more scared of you than you were of us"

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #33 of 113
Quote:
I can relate to that - for the first time in my career I'm also working for a company that helps people (it is a medical device manufacturer). It is a very cool feeling to know you are helping someone have a better life.
smily_headphones1.gif

So true! Even though my part in the workplace is a rather tedious job of punching numbers, I just think about the fact I'm part of helping better someones life and it gives me the drive to work harder. Also sounds like you might have a rather interesting job :D

Jan 15, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #34 of 113
Unemployed recent materials engineering graduate. Oh boy my laziness is catching up to me REAL quick.

Jan 16, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #36 of 113
How do you guys survive without a job ?

I recycle used aluminium prosthetics (but only when the people are asleep). Oh, and I eat goldfish at PetSmart when the employees aren't looking.

Jan 17, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #41 of 113
Quote:
There seems to be a lot of engineers here.

Another engineer checking in, mechanical engineer moonlighting as a material science engineer/project engineer in R&T for a composite materials manufacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back