What is your home stereo system?
Jan 10, 2003 at 1:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Pete Whitley

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I have been visiting this forum for about two weeks now and I am amazed at the interest in headphones. I have never heard quality headphones but have spent thousand on home stereo upgrades. I love the idea of being able to get that upgrade satisfaction for practically pennies!

Anyway, did everyone start into this headphone thing already owning an expensive stereo system?

What stereo system do you currently own?

Pete

Jan 10, 2003 at 1:14 AM Post #2 of 7
Hi Pete, welcome to Head-Fi.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

....upgrade satisfaction for practically pennies

I don't know about pennies.....

Click on the Profile button under a member's post and, providing they completed their profile, you will see the equipment in our rigs.

Jan 10, 2003 at 2:48 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

....$500 will get you a long way in the world of headphones.

Well, for starters at least. Ain't it grand?
biggrin.gif

Jan 10, 2003 at 2:50 AM Post #5 of 7
I won't even say the word Orpheus....opps
biggrin.gif

Jan 10, 2003 at 5:18 AM Post #6 of 7
My profile shows I have all Adcom. I have been very pleased with it, but have gotten into tubes with my ASL amp and Sennheiser HD600's. I recently visited my local hi-fi dealer to listen to some ASL integrated tube amps, which has given me upgraditis for my home system. I'm thinking maybe a nice low powered single ended triode amp with speakers that have a built in powered sub, or a seperate sub. I need to do some more research into tubes to find out what I really want, but the sound is addicting - and they look awesome!

Jan 10, 2003 at 6:39 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Pete Whitley
Anyway, did everyone start into this headphone thing already owning an expensive stereo system?

What stereo system do you currently own?

Pete

I own a cheap Yamaha surround stereo that cost less than my headphone amp alone ran me! I don't use the Yamaha nearly as much as my headphone system, so for me it was a matter of what I would use and enjoy more. We watch movies with the Yamaha maybe a couple times a week, and pop in a disc when we clean the housse or have company, but that's about it. Meanwhile I listen to the headphone system for about 4 hours a day, and 8 hours some days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back