What is your favorite restaurant?
Sep 10, 2003 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 115

MusicLover

1000+ Head-Fier
For me, it's Emeril's. That has got to be the restaurant on the face of the Earth. Usually, you had to reserve a spot a couple of months in advance, but luckily we went at a time where not many people were going. The food was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. The veal I got literally melted in my mouth, and I ate every single edible thing on my plate, which I never do. The price may be a bit steep, but I guarantee you it's more than worth it.

Second is Romano's Macaroni Grill. Basically the best italian food there is (especially veal parmigiano).

What are your favorite restaurants?

Sep 10, 2003 at 11:42 PM Post #2 of 115
arroyo chop house
mo betta meaty meat burger
roscoe's chicken and waffles

god i miss los angeles
frown.gif

Sep 10, 2003 at 11:51 PM Post #3 of 115
Let's see if any Washington, D.C., Bethesda, or Rockville-ites recognize these...

Raku (Asian)
Green Fields (all-you-can-eat meat)
Niwano Hana (Japanese - been going there since I was 2)
Cesco (Italian)
O'Donnell's (good seafood...closed and moved though)

Oh, and how could I forget Chipotle...
mad.gif

Still gotta try out Papa Del's here in Illinois...it sounds like that'll be on my list for best pizza place soon enough.

Sep 11, 2003 at 12:30 AM Post #6 of 115
Quote:

Originally posted by MusicLover
Second is Romano's Macaroni Grill. Basically the best italian food there is (especially veal parmigiano).

What are your favorite restaurants?

You haven't had Carmine's in the city, have you?
wink.gif

Sep 11, 2003 at 12:54 AM Post #8 of 115
The best restaurant I've ever been in was the Cafe Pushkin. Maybe some of our Russian members can second me on that, maybe not.
smily_headphones1.gif

Tough to say what my favorite is in the Boston area. Maybe Skipjack's right near Copley since my relatively new Kashruth restrictions often limit me to fish and vegetarian options and they have amazing fish dishes.

But I think that perhaps the best meal I have ever eaten was in Milan at a simple Irish pub where I had my first Guinness, which was on tap. Despite my growling gut and near-hallucinations from hunger, I feel it was no small feat to throw down two pints of that dark, rich goodness with several full plates of rice with seafood. And a good deal of dessert. Mmmm, that was a meal to remember.

Sep 11, 2003 at 12:56 AM Post #9 of 115
Sakura Tokyo (one of those things where they cook the food infront of you)

and Charlie's Steak House (Filet Mignon ohhh gawwd seriously melts in your mouth)

Sep 11, 2003 at 7:32 AM Post #11 of 115
Napa region - Greystone (Culinary Institute of America).
Los Angeles - La Serenata de Garibaldi (nice mexican)
San Francisco - Orale Orale (mexican)
San Francisco (Japantown) - Koji Osakaya (I think) - best Japanese curry.

Sep 11, 2003 at 3:29 PM Post #13 of 115
The Zen sushi chain. (Do they have them in the US yet?)

Sep 11, 2003 at 5:05 PM Post #14 of 115
All of these in Denver:
Q'doba (like Chipotle, but better)
Las Margaritas (good Mexican food)
Macaroni Grill (Italian food)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back