What is your ETHNIC heritage?
May 4, 2006 at 6:07 AM Post #76 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by imho
For all I know, we ALL look the same. I could NEVER, EVER tell the difference bewtween Koreans, Chinese and Japanese (people, ALWAYS ask me that, of course my answer is ALWAYS~ "hell no!")

I disagree. Many oriental people I know, myself included, could sort of (not always) differentiate Chinese, Japanese and Korean.

May 4, 2006 at 6:31 AM Post #77 of 87
Hmmm...I look white but I am half Lebonese and half European.

What should I put????

May 4, 2006 at 4:29 PM Post #78 of 87
Blending of races is wild... The Biege shall inherit the earth!!!

May 5, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #80 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
I can't distinguish americans from canadians.

[size=large]"eh?"[/size] (see post number #71 if you don't get it...)

It's just nice to know that Head-Fi is diverse. We have at LEAST 1 of each...whatever you want to call it...(it's like M&Ms, the M&M store at my mall has 21 different shades of M&Ms).
http://www.mymms.com/21colors/index.asp

May 5, 2006 at 3:53 AM Post #81 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by imho
You ARE indeed a superior and special race. I was told that the MOST gorgeous children are from mixed race parents (Mariah Carey, Tiger Woods, Dean Cain, Halle Berry, Derek Jeter...to name a few).

The word "mutt" (bad choice of word~ the politically correct term was "multi-racial/ethnic") was my way of covering up the 'envy' I have for those who are a bit more exotic. Me being Korean, look like any other 2 billion orientals (Chinese, Japanese, Korean...) out there.

For all I know, we ALL look the same. I could NEVER, EVER tell the difference bewtween Koreans, Chinese and Japanese (people, ALWAYS ask me that, of course my answer is ALWAYS~ "hell no!")

Eh, non mixed (as in not too racially diverse) folks look great too. With the exception of Mariah carey, the others on your list are "bleh". And why do you envy those who are "more exotic"? Be proud of what you are.

Just cuz you can't tell b/w asians, don't mean we all look the same. There are distinguishings features, they're just not always so apparent. Same goes for white/black/latino/spanish/etc folk.

May 5, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #82 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
And why do you envy those who are "more exotic"? Be proud of what you are.

Just cuz you can't tell b/w asians, don't mean we all look the same.

I am VERY happy with my looks...trust me...No complaints here (see the "post your picture thread")

It's just nice to see exotic people...I am VERY happy with "WHO" I am not "WHAT" I am...

I never said ALL Asians look the same...or did I? Anyway, my point was I just can't tell if someone is Korean, Chinese, or Japanese right away...usually a couple of words, the way they dress and mannerisms give it away...
FYI, this is a 'FUN' thread...PLEASE don't start reading into things...it was NOT meant to be a racial or color or cultural thread...Nice to know Head-Fi is well represented...

Thank you!

May 5, 2006 at 12:59 PM Post #83 of 87
I note with satisfaction that the "mutt" catagory is quite high. I've often thought that the cure for racisim will eventually be that the races have become so mixed that no one will really be able to clearly identify what race they are. It's sad that we still have problems with our tribal alegences, but it's reassuring the tribal boundries are becoming so diffuse and wide that it will become harder and harder to throw rocks across them.

May 5, 2006 at 1:44 PM Post #84 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
I note with satisfaction that the "mutt" catagory is quite high. I've often thought that the cure for racisim will eventually be that the races have become so mixed that no one will really be able to clearly identify what race they are. It's sad that we still have problems with our tribal alegences, but it's reassuring the tribal boundries are becoming so diffuse and wide that it will become harder and harder to throw rocks across them.

I think you're just upset because your people (the infamous Hawaiius Shirtus tribe) make make easy targets for rocks due to their bright plumage.

May 5, 2006 at 2:24 PM Post #85 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
I think you're just upset because your people (the infamous Hawaiius Shirtus tribe) make make easy targets for rocks due to their bright plumage.

Yeah. That, too.

May 5, 2006 at 2:34 PM Post #86 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01
These polls usually get locked.

imho's polls usually get locked.

May 5, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #87 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio

Hey, hey, wait a minute there...I tried getting a Hawaiian Shirt the other day from Tommy Bahama's and they wanted close to $200 for it...I would get one if I could afford it...I spent all my money on junk PCDPs...there I said it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back