What is your ETHNIC heritage?
Apr 29, 2006 at 7:38 AM Post #61 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by imho
You get banned for posting stupid things after getting totally wasted[/i]

Well I suppose I should start some serious deletions...
580smile.gif

Apr 29, 2006 at 3:13 PM Post #63 of 87
I'm with IMHO when he says he's fascinated by this stuff. It's just plain interesting.

I'm ethnically Chinese but I was born in Vietnam and have never stepped foot on any officially controlled Chinese territory because I was in Hong Kong when the UK still officially controlled it. So in a sense I understand where Jason is coming from when he put no heritage since I've been living in the U.S. since I was two. I still put Chinese anyways because I still speak to my parents in Fujian and I think IMHO was trying to get at racial background anyways.

I still can't believe that after all this time there is still only one vote for Japanese. Huge shock!

Apr 29, 2006 at 3:52 PM Post #64 of 87
Quote:

I asked specifically for ETHNIC HERITAGE. No matter where you are from your heritage usually means ancestry.

You're confusing ethnicity and race.

Best,

-Jason

Apr 29, 2006 at 4:18 PM Post #65 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen
My race is Human. That's all that matters.

What about those of us from outer space?
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Where the heck is the Delawarean option? get 1911 and me in the same room for 5 min and that greasy ethnic stain of Hockessin, Delaware will start to spread...

I was under the impression in the observation of your planet that to in order for your species to procreate, there needs be a male and a female?
confused.gif

Apr 29, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #66 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
I was under the impression in the observation of your planet that to in order for your species to procreate, there needs be a male and a female?
confused.gif

Ah, so you've never been to Delaware.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
I can't say I agree with how the poster has defined North Americans as being either Caucasian or African.

I was born in Korea and am racially Korean. But I lived in Korea for 3 and a half years. I grew up in the U.S. after that. I've lived in America for most my life.

Heck, I've lived in Japan longer than I've lived in Korea and speak Japanese better than I speak Korean. Besides genetics, I have little in common with most Koreans. Korean-Americans, on the other hand, sure, I'm very much like many of them. But I won't put "Korean" as my ethnicity.

Besides. I'm a lawyer, I have no ethic heritage.
biggrin.gif
(sorry, couldn't resist).

Best,

-Jason

Could have fooled me... I always figured you were European, what with your insistance on putting the "u" in "Colour" and several other similar words.

May 1, 2006 at 10:35 AM Post #67 of 87
I have the most fun with this thread and the 'post your picture' thread.

It is amazing how you can come across on the internet...

I told you guys I was a 95 year old inuit lady living in an Igloo by the artic circle with my laptop and NO-ONE believes me...

Maybe I should have made this poll a private one...I know for a FACT, that there are A LOT more than 4 Koreans here...(missing in action...Jahn...Edwood...Insomniac...)

I am STILL confused between ethnic origin and race...

Most Asians will agree Chinese, Japanese and Korean might be of the same race but different ethnicity...so I was NOT asking about people's race. Most of my Chinese friends in California do not speak a word of Chinese (5th or 6th generation) but when I ask them what their ethnicity is~ they all reply "Chinese" and the same goes for my Italian, Irish, mixed heritage friends. The ONLY people who can say "American" are the natives...(the Sioux, Mohican...)

May 1, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #68 of 87
12/16 German
4/16 Countries Germany Once Controlled
tongue.gif

May 2, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #70 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiofan
half irish,half swiss german.

...and since you live in Montreal, speak French? and say "Aye" all the time?

May 2, 2006 at 2:41 AM Post #71 of 87
Quote:

...and since you live in Montreal, speak French? and say "Aye" all the time?

Not all Canadians say that all the time, and it's spelled 'eh'....eh?
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2006 at 6:06 PM Post #72 of 87
This poll is discriminatory, where is the category for mexican/pakistany hybrids such as myself? and it is my belief that those who you call "mutts" 2 races or more are actually super human hybrids that will take over the world.

Since I was born in Texas even though im not white, I would say im a redneck im pro Texas pro American and even though my dad is muslim my previous duty with the U.S. Army has left me with a less than favorable view torwards all muslims worldwide. J/K about the hybrids I mean.

Team super human hybrids!

May 3, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #73 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trance-Addict
This poll is discriminatory, where is the category for mexican/pakistany hybrids such as myself? and it is my belief that those who you call "mutts" 2 races or more are actually super human hybrids that will take over the world...
Team super human hybrids!

I SINCERELY apologize...I had only 20 choices and by the time I got done with the "WHITE" folks, I ran out of choices...

You ARE indeed a superior and special race. I was told that the MOST gorgeous children are from mixed race parents (Mariah Carey, Tiger Woods, Dean Cain, Halle Berry, Derek Jeter...to name a few).

The word "mutt" (bad choice of word~ the politically correct term was "multi-racial/ethnic") was my way of covering up the 'envy' I have for those who are a bit more exotic. Me being Korean, look like any other 2 billion orientals (Chinese, Japanese, Korean...) out there.

I could NEVER, EVER tell the difference bewtween Koreans, Chinese and Japanese (people, ALWAYS ask me that, of course my answer is ALWAYS~ "hell no!")

May 3, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #74 of 87
Quote:

I SINCERELY apologize...I had only 20 choices and by the time I got done with the "WHITE" folks, I ran out of choices...

You ARE indeed a superior and special race. I was told that the MOST gorgeous children are from mixed race parents (Mariah Carey, Tiger Woods, Dean Cain, Halle Berry, Derek Jeter...to name a few).

The word "mutt" was my way of covering up the 'envy' I have for those who are a bit more exotic. Me being Korean, look like any other 2 billion orientals (Chinese, Japanese, Korean...) out there.

For all I know, we ALL look the same. I could NEVER, EVER tell the difference bewtween Koreans, Chinese and Japanese (people, ALWAYS ask me that, of course my answer is ALWAYS~ "hell no!")

could you explain this one:
1. Latin, which i assumed is indian (native American) and spanish (european) mixed people, being different from "mutt"?

May 3, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #75 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
could you explain this one:
1. Latin, which i assumed is indian (native American) and spanish (european) mixed people, being different from "mutt"?

Okay, people, this is getting WAY too complicated for me. I am an ACCOUNTANT, NOT an anthropologist...

HEY, I can NOT even tell the difference between MY people, let alone a mutt, a mulatto and a chocolate latte...
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back