what is ygpm?
Sep 15, 2002 at 6:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

taipeileviathan

100+ Head-Fier
hey guys, not sure if this thread belongs to this forum, but can anyone answer me this quick question? what is ygpm? and what other acronyms should i be aware of on the gear for sale/trade forum? i'm l33t when it comes to battlenet d00dspeak and all, but on head-fi forums i'm a little outta my league... heh...
tongue.gif

Sep 15, 2002 at 6:17 AM Post #2 of 7
I believe it stands for "You've Got Private Message," or something like that.

Sep 15, 2002 at 7:01 AM Post #3 of 7
Yes, YGPM stands for "You've got a private message" while "YGM" stands for "you've got mail."
-"obo" means "or best offer"
-WTB = "wanted to buy," FS = "for sale," and FT = "for trade"

Sep 15, 2002 at 7:42 AM Post #4 of 7
hehe, thanks a lot guys...
biggrin.gif
i hope this thread becomes a basic staple thread for new acolytes of our head-fi cult...
tongue.gif

Sep 15, 2002 at 7:02 PM Post #5 of 7
ygpm. yeah pm's.
those inboxes that i never look at unless someone email's me or posts it in a thread. So why didnt you just email me or post what you wanted in the first place?
frown.gif

Sep 15, 2002 at 7:10 PM Post #6 of 7
nos = new old stock

Sep 15, 2002 at 7:10 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by KShaft
ygpm. yeah pm's.
those inboxes that i never look at unless someone email's me or posts it in a thread. So why didnt you just email me or post what you wanted in the first place?
frown.gif

Certain topics like price negotiations should be discussed via private message. And sometimes it's more convenient/comfortable to PM someone with a question rather than start a whole thread. It does have it's uses
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back