What is with the new Grado line?
Mar 7, 2009 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

revolink24

Headphoneus Supremus
Okay, so typically i was used to designate an updated version, so that much I am okay with. But I am an owner of Alessandro MS-1s and was looking to upgrade to the SR-325i, which it seems has been replaced by the SR-325is. The thing is, I really don't know the differences between these and the original 325 - and I'm really not liking the new silver color over the old gold one. Should I go for the 325i now instead of waiting for the is to hit resellers? Things seem to have gone haywire in the Grado world...

Mar 7, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #2 of 13
Well I do not think stock of 'old' models are suddenly going to disappear from online stores so let other head-fiers take the wallet hit and report back on changes and differences
wink.gif
, if any

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #3 of 13
The "Sound Seller" has only the newer revisions in stock. The new SR-325is isn't that much different in terms of SQ to it's older brethren. I own the Goldies and have heard the new ones as well. The differences are so tiny you shouldn't worry. So it's up to you whether you want Silver or Gold earcups.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #4 of 13
I noticed a big difference in the low end when going from the goldies to the new silver models, just FYI.

Also, for me, the new cable is way more manageable for portability than the old one. It's not that much shorter but much thicker, and it 'wears' much better.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonWho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm. the other ones in the line up don't have a huge difference in sq either.

based on?

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #7 of 13
Go for the goldies!!
tongue.gif

Mar 8, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #11 of 13
is the hole for the cable for the silvers actually physically larger or is it the same sized holes for the cables.

just a reference to how thick i could take my cables.

Mar 8, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is the hole for the cable for the silvers actually physically larger or is it the same sized holes for the cables.

just a reference to how thick i could take my cables.

The cable is now about as thick as the 1/4 jack.

Mar 9, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #13 of 13
Damn, I thought the old cable like on my MS1s was thick.... I used to joke with the old one that you could jump start a car with it.... How much shorter is the cable now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back