What is with car audio guys?!?
May 6, 2003 at 11:23 PM Post #61 of 64
my officemate installed a huge sub in his pos $8000 kia commuting car. he played it for me and it made my scalp crawl under my cap. there is a crack in his windshield that grows every time he plays the sub.

Quote:

On the way home, Billy E follows close behind a young blonde woman in a red compact. He looks at me and gives her a blast. BRRROONNNNKKKKK! The driver turns her head and scowls.

"I call it the doggie-style look. When they look back like that. 'Cause she knows. She feels it in her little crotch there." We tail the girl for a few more blocks, with Billy E hitting the burp button, until finally she takes an abrupt left off the street.

Billy E watches her drive away and shrugs. "She didn't want any more of that."

this guy sounds like the patron saint of assclowns. wow, your car can make really loud "boom boom" noises and set off car alarms and annoy the **** out of everyone in the area. should i just choke you now or do it later?

May 7, 2003 at 12:56 AM Post #63 of 64
Quote:

oh yeah, the Kappa Perfect 12 is probably the best sub avaliable commonly

I love my Kappa Perfect 12. It's very musical, but if you do what to blast it, it's enough to make your heart pound without a hint of distortion. But, installation is the key. It took me a long time to find the proper placement for it and it ended up being a somewhat strange location, but worth the time! Like with home audio, in car audio, installation is extremely important.

Regarding the "best subwoofers"... I have a Velodyne HGS-18 and love it (more so then the 12 and 15, while both those are kickass subs!). I can't say its the "best" subwoofer, that depends on too much. There is no such thing as the "best" subwoofer.

-Chad

May 7, 2003 at 9:47 PM Post #64 of 64
This takes me back to a High School Science class - many many moons ago
biggrin.gif

We did some experiments on sound waves. We played around around with some speakers and a frequency generator. A mate with really sensitive ears ended up crying on the floor with pain from listening to some extended treble frequencies..

Our teacher explained about a project that the Germans tried out in the First World War. They designed a speaker system that produced a really low frequency that could be directed at soldier from opposing forces, the effect of this would be that the sound waves would severely disrup the soldier internals and turn them to a mush and they would die of internal bleeding!

In reality they just shat themselves
very_evil_smiley.gif
Listening to some of the stories of SPL heads in Car Audio circles, wouldn't the same happen to them
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back