What is up with pricing on the HD600s?
Jun 16, 2003 at 8:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Budrew

Head-Fier
Everywhere you go on the Internet no one lists the price of the HD600 on the product page. You always have to "add to cart for price" or "call for price". I've never seen any one audio component always be priced this way so consistently. If everyone is doing it, why hide it? It's kind of stupid anyway because the price is there, it's just an extra click away. What, is that going to keep your competitors from seeing your price on them? Ssshhhh, it's a big secret... This is one of the most foolish marketing tactics manufacturers have conjured up. You can't publish your street price on our product, oh, but you can on page 2. Those marketing folks are pretty sneaky.

And then there are those ads that say the price is SO LOW we can't tell you what it is. Amazing! Spectacular! I'll take two of them!

Jun 16, 2003 at 8:45 PM Post #2 of 5
I believe it's a Sennheiser imposed thing. You can't publish any price below a certain point.

Yeah - it's pretty dumb.

-dd3mon

Jun 16, 2003 at 9:45 PM Post #3 of 5
by going to a separate page, the main html graphic page doesn't have to be edited every time there is a price change.

everytime you press the 'buy' button, a cookie is added to your list, and most likely the seller is copying your email address.

many sites are all running from one warehouse, but the actual 'buy' server is at the seller's location. that's why so many websites look the same when they are selling the same.

Jun 16, 2003 at 10:44 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
everytime you press the 'buy' button, a cookie is added to your list, and most likely the seller is copying your email address.

Unless you specifically enter your email address and give the site permission to save it, it can't get your email address from your computer.

Jun 17, 2003 at 12:48 AM Post #5 of 5
"Minimum advertised price" is the legal version of price fixing and it's old news. This is why even in Best Buy flyers you occasionally see unlisted prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back