What is up with Madanna???!!!!
Aug 12, 2003 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Chops

500+ Head-Fier
My brother has bought most of Madanna's albums over the years which haven't been that bad.

However, these last two albums of her's, "Music" and "American Life" absolutely suck! The music itself is mostly bad, but the recording quality really stinks. Everything is real shrilly, thin, and most of all, distorted sounding. It almost sounds like the recording level was set way too high. The lower midrange and bass is alright, but everything else above that is just plain raunchy. I can't believe someone would be proud of putting something out like this.

IMO, her best sounding and writen album was "Ray Of Light". This album had somewhat of a smooth, clean sound to it, with crisp yet clean highs, natural midrange, and good, strong bass.

Does anyone else think the same thing?

Aug 12, 2003 at 11:01 PM Post #2 of 9
madonna you mean? yeah, i agree. i think all the money finally pushed her over the edge. and she took guy ritchie with her. what was that last movie? good god, did anyone see it?

Aug 12, 2003 at 11:06 PM Post #3 of 9
I think Guy Ritchie was headed there on his own.

For the other (better) project they worked on together see here.

Was kinda hoping there was a singer/band who had the guts to call herself/itself "Madanna".

Aug 12, 2003 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 9
I've always felt that Madonna's gone downhill since her role in 'Evita' [yech].....I wasn't impressed by 'Ray of Light'.....'Bedtime Stories' was her best album, imho.....and it just gets worse and worse after that.....

The worst thing is that she's still very popular.....sometimes, I hope she gets swept away.....*ahem*

Aug 12, 2003 at 11:13 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by blessingx
For the other (better) project they worked on together see here.

bmw sent me those shorts on dvd because i filled out some survey or something. i love those. at least it shows madonna still had a sense of humor a year or 2 ago.

Aug 13, 2003 at 3:38 AM Post #6 of 9
Madonna's quality is entirely dependent on the producers she works with (and I'm not saying that the last two have been bad -- they just probably couldn't perform under Madonna's "direction"). Bedtime Stories, Ray of Light and her earliest albums had the best producers.

Aug 13, 2003 at 5:52 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
Madonna's quality is entirely dependent on the producers she works with (and I'm not saying that the last two have been bad -- they just probably couldn't perform under Madonna's "direction"). Bedtime Stories, Ray of Light and her earliest albums had the best producers.

Yes, but the sound quality still sucks. Plus, she wrote the music, and that sucks too.
rolleyes.gif

Aug 13, 2003 at 12:39 PM Post #9 of 9
apparently other than spelling her name differently now, basically her career is in the toilet, I mean once you start doing commercials for the gap, you're done! but I think she was actually done a while ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back