What is this?
Nov 8, 2009 at 1:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

papalion

New Head-Fier
Could anybody tell me what this is.
26-265-066-11.jpg

It comes with the Plantronics Gamecom 777 headset. It plugs into any USB port and has a jack for both a headphone and a microphone. There is a switch on the side that causes a blue light on the front to turn on but otherwise does not seem to have any other function. The switch does not affect the volume or sound quality. There is no volume knob, and volume is controlled through the computer.
The characters "J831" are etched to the back of the device on the very top.
There is a small label on the back in the center. On the top of the label is printed this symbol
images
next to " N10687".
On the bottom of the label is printed "USB Dolby Adapter-02".
It does not require the installation of any drivers, is completely "plug-and-play", and does not need to be turned on to drive any headphone or IEM.
In Control panel→Device Manager it shows up under 'Sound, video and game controllers' as "USB Audio Device".
I bought this on eBay because the head phone jack on my laptop computer stopped working and, besides, it sounded like crap anyway.
This device is not the be all and end all of hi fidelity sound but for 10 bucks it cleaned up the noise floor and made headphones connected to my laptop listenable to.
Is this just a USB DAC? Does anybody know what chip(s) it is using?

Nov 8, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by papalion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this a just USB DAC?

yes
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back