What is the most obscure album you own?
Oct 24, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #46 of 52
From the 70's...Automatic Man selftitled...and Molkie Cole that is so obscure I can't remember the name of the album....and am too lazy to look for it.

Oct 25, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #47 of 52
Most of my dub albums could be considered "obscure" since not many people listen to dub reggae. Here's one of my favorites.

Radics.jpg

Scientist and Jammy Strike Back!

with the Roots Radics Band

Oct 25, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #48 of 52
Paul Westerberg's "49" and "Grandpaboy EP". "49" was out for a very short time for 49 cents. I found one blog that posted "49" and the EP is very rare.

Oct 25, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #49 of 52
The Cartwrights, Ponderosa Fabulosa. Dallas band with Donnie Ray Ford, Barry Kooda, Alan Wooley, Kim Herriage, and Mark Hayes. Richie Vasquez, outstanding drummer who recorded with Jesse Dayton, is on the cover and in the credits; but nowhere in the music. The drummer annoyed the band with his imbibing and was dismissed after the last cut was recorded. Donnie Ray Ford has probably the greatest voice since George Jones. The band became a legend after they threw in the towel. Yet everyone in Dallas talks about what a legend the band was and all the shows they attended. Ask the band and they will tell you that no one other than a doorman, waitress or bartender ever showed. I saw the Cartwrights twice, both in reunion shows. One at the Sons of Hermann Hall, the second at the Gypsy Tea Room; both in Big D. The CD is priceless, I will give up my guns before I part with this CD. And I'll be a dead man before parting with my guns!

Oct 27, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #50 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjohnusa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From the 70's...Automatic Man selftitled...

I found that one on vinyl at a crappy second hand store here in town earlier this year
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #52 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found that one on vinyl at a crappy second hand store here in town earlier this year
tongue_smile.gif

What do you think?....I like it....kind of synth soul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back