What Is The Largest MP3-Player ATM??
May 17, 2007 at 9:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Contrastique

Headphoneus Supremus
I am hoping Apple soon to come out with a bigger ipod cause my 60gb is full.
I want to have all my music with me and don't want to switch between music.
I know, it is luxuryproblem but still. I have now 40 gigs more than fits my ipod and it disturbs me a little. My dad was so kind in giving me a lot of cd's to copy but they don't fit anymore except on my external harddrive.
So, does anyone if apple plans in making a reallll large ipod and what is the largest mp3-player of today??

May 17, 2007 at 9:18 AM Post #3 of 22
I've seen a mod'ed Zen Xtra with a 80gb. I am pretty sure you can put a 120gb in it, or bigger.

May 17, 2007 at 11:37 AM Post #4 of 22
The Archos 504 can be purchased in a 160Gb capacity!
eek.gif

May 17, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #8 of 22
May 17, 2007 at 1:21 PM Post #9 of 22
justa thought, but do you connect to the computer to charge the ipod? if so, just get it to swap out files when you do. If you're using mp3, and probably alac too, you'll run out of battery power well before you run out of music.

May 18, 2007 at 7:11 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by seiko_citizen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
didnt apply launch the 80gb ipod some time back?

Yep, but the step is too small. Then I still would have 20gb of music wich wouldn't fit in there.

May 18, 2007 at 7:14 AM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
justa thought, but do you connect to the computer to charge the ipod? if so, just get it to swap out files when you do. If you're using mp3, and probably alac too, you'll run out of battery power well before you run out of music.

I know, but the problem is I don't want to swap. Than you have to choose what you want to listen in advance, I hate doing that. I like to have all the music with me so I can choose on a time I want it. I know, a silly problem haha
icon10.gif

May 18, 2007 at 2:46 PM Post #13 of 22
doesn't i tunes have some kind of swap out routine? so the music is constantly rotated? hmm I don't use it myself, I just once a week do it manually. takes like 10 minutes when I 'm bored

May 18, 2007 at 4:12 PM Post #14 of 22
I kind of wish someone would make a 200G++ "jukebox" type source. Something that accepts both compressed and lossless formats, AND has a digital output for use with an external DAC. I'm surprised more players don't have this, since a large percent of the home theater receivers have toslink inputs on the front face. Sound quality would be the primary goal, not portability. Although trans-portability would be nice.

May 18, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
doesn't i tunes have some kind of swap out routine? so the music is constantly rotated? hmm I don't use it myself, I just once a week do it manually. takes like 10 minutes when I 'm bored

That could be, not sure. Never checked it. I am not gonna swop though. Better just cross my fingers that Apple makes a way-bigger ipod like 200gb. That would be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back