What is the highest HeadFi meet ever?
May 12, 2004 at 11:19 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyMan
Not necessarily true. I am having EcoCharge build me a battery system to power my Sony SCD-1 to use as a source. It will be rechargeable via a solar panel.
cool.gif

Well, your statement and mine aren't mutually exclusive, although I don't know if I'd like to lug an SCD-1 up a mountain.
tongue.gif

D.

May 12, 2004 at 3:19 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Heheh, now you're talking. Would make critical listening pretty challenging.
biggrin.gif

I bet it would make things more musical though haha.

The highest meet could be probably at 35,000ft on an airplane comparing noise attenuating/canceling headphones
biggrin.gif

May 13, 2004 at 6:18 AM Post #18 of 20
Is this a proposal for the next Colorado meet
tongue.gif

I sure hope we keep it in Denver since I don't have a car and getting outside Denver with my gear won't be fun on a bus. Plus, I think our mile high elevation is already too high as it is
wink.gif
Actually, have there been any meets held in a city above a mile in elevation? If so, we may already hold the record with the meet last September in Denver near downtown. The only other reasonably large cities that I know of with a similar elevation are Albuquerque, NM and Prescott, AZ and Prescott is a little on the small side.

May 16, 2004 at 1:25 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
How about we all consume unhealthy levels of potent alcohol followed up by a few puffs of my best stash and then think about "High" meets
tongue.gif

LOL

That's what exactly I thought when I read the topic
tongue.gif

May 18, 2004 at 4:43 AM Post #20 of 20
The top of Mt. Evans works for me. I always go up to the top of Mt. Evans on Father's day to take pictures of the baby mountain goats. At that time, they are only a 3-4 weeks old and very cute.

Nonetheless, I'll bring my Max a couple DACs and my cans. Besides, the observatory has power for us to plug into (heck, they even have a webcam!).

What date and time works for you? Now that I've graduated (again), just about any day and time works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back