What is the highest HeadFi meet ever?
May 11, 2004 at 12:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

MonkeyMan

100+ Head-Fier
I propose a "remote" HeadFi meet at the summit of Mt. Evans. Sure, we could get higher, but you can actually drive up this one (in order to make moving gear easier). Does anyone know if the Summit Lake area allows overnight camping? I think it does if I recall correctly?

If Summit Lake is hip to the trip, then we could have our meet at the Top-o-Mt. Evans and then descend to the lake to stay over night and get even higher.

It could be a claim to fame to have the highest meet to date...

What say ye?!
blink.gif
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2004 at 4:53 AM Post #3 of 20
How high is Mt. Evans? I live at almost exactly 10,000ft up in the Andes mountains, so if I invite someone over to listen to some cans I could get close to the record, and I LIVE at that altitude.

May 11, 2004 at 4:56 AM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
power ??
confused.gif

just get a few generators, P300 (or better) power regenerators to convert it to clean power, and you can run anything you want.
biggrin.gif
the gas for the generators may be bothersome... hehe.

there's always the possibility of a battery powered rig only meet too.

May 11, 2004 at 5:03 AM Post #5 of 20
Looks at post count and rejects null hypothesis...

Hummm, only 26 posts, MonkeyMan cannot possibly be thinking 'pad, pad, pad' already... he's not even close to being a 100+ member.

What else could it be? Hummm...

May 11, 2004 at 5:43 AM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
How about we all consume unhealthy levels of potent alcohol followed up by a few puffs of my best stash and then think about "High" meets
tongue.gif

LOL

Heheh, now you're talking. Would make critical listening pretty challenging.
biggrin.gif

I thought the thread was about highest number of members in one meet. We may be making a record June 19th, if everyone shows.

-Ed

May 11, 2004 at 9:10 AM Post #9 of 20
It would only be feasible if the participants used battery-powered portable players, amps, and DACs. Otherwise, the chugging and sputtering from gas- or diesel-powered generators would make critical listening impossible.

D.

May 11, 2004 at 2:51 PM Post #11 of 20
I am not concerned about number of posts. I spend most of my "spare" time out in the Colorado sunshine (with my Meier PCII and Etymotic ER-4S), not in front of my computer.
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Looks at post count and rejects null hypothesis...

Hummm, only 26 posts, MonkeyMan cannot possibly be thinking 'pad, pad, pad' already... he's not even close to being a 100+ member.

What else could it be? Hummm...

May 11, 2004 at 2:55 PM Post #12 of 20
Not necessarily true. I am having EcoCharge build me a battery system to power my Sony SCD-1 to use as a source. It will be rechargeable via a solar panel.
cool.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demolition
It would only be feasible if the participants used battery-powered portable players, amps, and DACs. Otherwise, the chugging and sputtering from gas- or diesel-powered generators would make critical listening impossible.

D.

May 11, 2004 at 3:01 PM Post #13 of 20
Mt. Evans is 14,264 FT. If you want to limit the meet to an incorporated city, there's always Leadville, CO at 10,430 FT, where I lived for a while once upon a time.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador
How high is Mt. Evans? I live at almost exactly 10,000ft up in the Andes mountains, so if I invite someone over to listen to some cans I could get close to the record, and I LIVE at that altitude.

May 11, 2004 at 3:03 PM Post #14 of 20
Hey MonkeyMan, you've got it right! ER-4S and the mountain air, excellent! Now your post makes perfect sense... oh, and we always tease about post count when someone comes up with, well, errrr.. something unusual.

My brother lives in Colorado and I've always hoped that there would be a Denver area meet some day, but why not up on the top of Trail Ridge!?!?!? I've got to admit, it would be fun.
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2004 at 5:18 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyMan
Mt. Evans is 14,264 FT. If you want to limit the meet to an incorporated city, there's always Leadville, CO at 10,430 FT, where I lived for a while once upon a time.
tongue.gif

Whew, that's high up there on Mt. Evans. Did you like living in Leadville? Were you living and working there, or did you work at lower altitude? I ask as the physiological changes that occur in the body are quite dramatic when living and staying at high altitude for more than three months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back