What is the head-fi of Photography ?
Jul 15, 2005 at 5:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Nak Man

Headphoneus Supremus
Where there are friendly people, reviews, technical threads and nice forums ?

Nikon-Canon 'friendly discussions' ala Grado-Senn here is a bonus.
biggrin.gif

TIA.

Jul 15, 2005 at 6:07 PM Post #3 of 11
www.photo.net

I haven't been a regular there for some time, but when I was, things were pretty neat. The Nikon forum has seemingly turned into a digicam help center.

It is very much like HF, but I am not sure how well extreme threads in the Nikon-Canon debate are tolerated there now. I don't remember the mods in the Nikon forum being terribly interested in them.

It's worth a shot and a great source for technical info, reviews, and the like.

Jul 15, 2005 at 7:33 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcapurro
The best head-fi-esque forum for photography I've found is the Fred Miranda forums. Lots of discussion and image posts.

Yes, those are some of my favourites. Fred is a great photographer, too.

Jul 15, 2005 at 8:07 PM Post #6 of 11
Thanks for the info !!

Just spent time browsed the F-M reviews and discussions, very helpful for fotonoobs like me. =) More Grado, er, Canon people there though.

Edit: Never imagined D70 available for near-phones price so soon. Great stuff.

Jul 16, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #9 of 11
Not sure about website, but a local audiophile known as Chris Venhaus is huge in the photography thing and does some great work. His website is http://www.venhaus1.com you can check it out, and you can email him with any questions and he's great to talk to

Jul 16, 2005 at 1:57 AM Post #11 of 11
I used to hang out on DPReview, and now participate mostly in Photo.net. The best communities depend in part on what brand of camera you use.

Another good forum is Rob Galbraith, which has a much higher technical level than either DPReview or Fred Miranda IMO, specially in arcane areas like color management.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back