What is the equivilent to FLAC?
Jan 2, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #16 of 21
Well one could also say that for all practical purposes in this application a high-bitrate lossy file is essentially equivalent to FLAC, so why limit your choice of player over this issue?

I know... that's another thread...
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #17 of 21
For Mobile Listening I just dropped my library to 256Kbps AAC from ALAC, The difference is, at best, minimal and as most of my mobile listening is done in noisy enviromnents, it's not worth the extra space for alac. Plus I still have my Flacs for home listening

Jan 3, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For Mobile Listening I just dropped my library to 256Kbps AAC from ALAC, The difference is, at best, minimal and as most of my mobile listening is done in noisy enviromnents, it's not worth the extra space for alac. Plus I still have my Flacs for home listening

I'll probably do that when I start using my iPod again. Been kinda distracted talking to a girl I like.
wink.gif

Jan 3, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by digger945 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Huh, you think Head-Fi is expensive LOL
atsmile.gif

It's no longer sorry about your wallet it's more like sorry about your life! /jk
4_1_72.gif

Jan 6, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #21 of 21
I have converted FLAC to Apple LossLess using dBpoweramp converter with out any troubles on my XP laptop. Just takes a little time to set in up just like anything else. I use the dBpoweramp to make FLAC and Apple Lossless from albums too. Very happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back