what is the easiest way to power a pimeta?
Jun 28, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #31 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1nf1n1ty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
K...I was about to buy parts...but I cant read schematics to understand what resistors and diodes I need...and I cant find them outlined anywhere but that...

Would it be possible for someone to just List them?...I really just dont know...how about ill offer an incentive...of some sort....but you wont know untill you get it.

read the parts selection guide on tangent's site, it's very informative and discusses in detail what each part is for / what it does, if it's optional, and what range of values are acceptable. basically everything you're asking for short of listing all the product numbers for specific parts from a vendor out for you.
http://tangentsoft.net/audio/pimeta/pguide.html

Jun 28, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #32 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by WSikorski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I put mine in the smallest case i could get away with, that would also hold the tread PS.

48fb5a18.jpg

i'm probably not going to order a case until after i have everything built, so i can have the physical pieces in my hands and play around with them to see what kind of space i need (triple diamond buffers probably won't fit into your case). i plan on having the power, input, and output plugs all on the back, and then a nice fat knob to use with the pot with the built-in power switch centered on the front panel, and wire up the led so that it's sitting inside the case illuminating the back of the knob so that when it's on there will be a soft glow from the back of the knob. if i can pull it off as i envision it in my mind, it should look awesome
smily_headphones1.gif

on a side note, what type of resistors are those in your pimeta? i see those brown resistors on everyones boards; are they a recommended brand, or what? if they dont cost more than equal quality striped resistors, i think i'd rather get these; i'd feel silly posting pictures of my build with a rainbow of stripes throughout it
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #33 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Soymilk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
on a side note, what type of resistors are those in your pimeta? i see those brown resistors on everyones boards; are they a recommended brand, or what? if they dont cost more than equal quality striped resistors, i think i'd rather get these; i'd feel silly posting pictures of my build with a rainbow of stripes throughout it
tongue.gif

Vishay-Dale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back