What is the diffuculty of CMoy and DIY cables?
Jan 18, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #2 of 7
DIY interconnects: 2 (I would say 1 if you remember to get the "casing" of e.g. the RCA connector onto the cable itself before soldering)

Cmoy: 2 - if you have practiced soldering before it would be very easy to do. Depends on how much electronics you know, but compared to amps with more parts/higher-end/more expensive to do the Cmoy is really easy.

EDIT: BTW, Welcome
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT 2:

Before soldering anything, make sure you understand the basics of what you are doing - doing that will make it easier to troubleshoot IF it doesn't work as it should. If in doubt, just ask here.

Jan 18, 2005 at 1:13 AM Post #3 of 7
thanks
I am in the proces of building a CMOy, and i have had NO soldering experience, but it practiced on some old protoboard before i actually started
and the interconnects look like fun to do, and look alot better than anything you can buy, but some instructions look quite complicared

Jan 18, 2005 at 1:17 AM Post #4 of 7
Compared to what?

I think anybody can learn to make a decent solder joint in a short period of time. If you follow Tangents instructions closely (http://www.tangentsoft.net/audio/cmoy-tutorial/) and if you practice a little with the soldering iron, or if you already know how to solder, you should be able to make a CMOY with no problem. And, if you do have a problem, you can post it here on the board and we'll help you clear it up no problem.

Interconnects are even easier.

Where 0 is standing up and 10 is passing a kidney stone, I would put a CMOY at about a 2 and interconnects at about a 1.

Jan 18, 2005 at 2:27 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daroid
(I would say 1 if you remember to get the "casing" of e.g. the RCA connector onto the cable itself before soldering)

HAHA, so true. I always do that. So it's good to write down the steps on paper and follow it.
Otherwise it's not difficult at all to make cables, it's just a little time consuming.

Jan 18, 2005 at 3:34 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Okkler
Where 0 is standing up and 10 is passing a kidney stone, I would put a CMOY at about a 2 and interconnects at about a 1.

Hmm. I would have put passing a kidney stone at -10 volts, wiring interconnect at +1 volt, but what do I know, my virtual ground floats a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back