what is the difference in sound quality between ER4P with p->s cable and ER4S
Apr 27, 2007 at 5:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ttnl

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I can not decide whether to buy ER4P with S cable or ER4S. I want the one that can give me the best sound quality. I also use amp + Imod and Zune. Please give me some advice. Thanks.

Apr 27, 2007 at 11:01 AM Post #3 of 11
If you're using an amp, don't bother with the P.

Also, technically, there is more bass without the cord if you're using the P.

Apr 27, 2007 at 11:24 AM Post #4 of 11
Another thing, between the P and the S and the B, the drivers are all the same yes they are identical. The cable makes the difference. Cable for P is rated at 24ohm and S at 100ohm. So technically a P>S adapter is an additional 75ohm to boost P to 100ohm (1ohm from the driver itself).

Since you have an amp, get ER-4S or ER-4P with S adapter - they both will sound the same.

Like PiccoloNamek said, the P model will have 6db of bass bump. But for hardcore Audiophile, it's S all the way because S will have that sublime and refined body to the sound if properly amped.

Hope this helps
etysmile.gif

Apr 30, 2007 at 2:07 PM Post #6 of 11
If you're looking for best sound quality, I would assume you mean a neutral playback. In that case, definitely the ER-4S. I find it has just the right amount of each range (bass-mid-treble) if amped properly with a good source.

May 1, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #7 of 11
I personally dislike them both, but the S version amped correctly provides more detail, yet is not as harsh as the p version. THe S extends farther, and amped correctly has a tighter sound. Unamped however, the S seems to have even worst decay than the already bad decay and timbre of the p.

May 1, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Iriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally dislike them both, but the S version amped correctly provides more detail, yet is not as harsh as the p version. THe S extends farther, and amped correctly has a tighter sound. Unamped however, the S seems to have even worst decay than the already bad decay and timbre of the p.

again, they don't! all er-4 is is a really fast transducer that plays the input transient. they don't shape it to make it sound better, but u can fix your source for that. they don't have less decay than the input transient. all other forms of decay is unrealistic decay. even if it sounds realistic to u, it's not what the transient is like. if the sources changes to one which resolves the decay to what it actually sounds like, you'll hear differently, because the driver cannot resolve the recording. the source can.

May 1, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #9 of 11
The ER-4B also has the same drivers as the other two? I didn't know that. What's the impedance of the ER-4B's?

May 1, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #10 of 11
Same as the ER4S.

May 1, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #11 of 11
"you're the one for me fatty!, you're the one I really love..." The Your Arsenal reference is Funny as Hell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back