What is the Difference b/w Grado 325i & 325is
May 7, 2009 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

f00fighters

500+ Head-Fier
I've already place my order for the 325is. Does anyone know if there are any real differences b/w 325i & 325is, (other than the obvious silver/gold)?

One thing I found very annoying on Grado's website; When you select the 325is, it shows the "EXACT" same description they used to have for the 325i; except they substituted the word "325i" with "325is".

I mainly ordered the 325is b/c they are the latest/updated model as well as I prefer the silver to the gold. Gold seems to "bling-bling" for me (no offense).

May 7, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by f00fighters /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I mainly ordered the 325is b/c they are the latest/updated model as well as I prefer the silver to the gold. Gold seems to "bling-bling" for me (no offense).

I think I liked the "regal-ness" of the gold! : )

May 8, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by .coco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
apparently they have better bass responce

is that fact or speculation?

May 8, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

is that fact or speculation?

As I believe, it is neither of those. I dont think Grado has specified a better bass response, so that would not be fact. However, I also have read a few comparison reviews between the two which agreed with the better bass response, which would not make is speculation either.

May 8, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #6 of 13
great, still leaves me confused.

May 8, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

I've already place my order for the 325is. Does anyone know if there are any real differences b/w 325i & 325is, (other than the obvious silver/gold)?

One thing I found very annoying on Grado's website; When you select the 325is, it shows the "EXACT" same description they used to have for the 325i; except they substituted the word "325i" with "325is".

If you prefer the silver to the gold, then just get the silver!
rs1smile.gif

May 8, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #9 of 13
I had both for a short time. I still have the 325is. The jist of it is: The 325is has a bit better bass than the 325i, is a touch more sibilant. It also has a MUCH thicker, slightly shorter, cable. I like them more than the 325i myself.

May 8, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by aCuria /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you prefer the silver to the gold, then just get the silver!
rs1smile.gif

Funny you said that, because you quoted me in your initial post. If you read what you quoted me for, you would see that I said I already ordered the "325is". It only comes in silver. I was simply stating why I chose it over the regular 325i.
smily_headphones1.gif
No worries; I haven't decided if I even want to hear them when they arrive on Tuesday. I might just set them up for burning and leave them alone for at least a week on repeat on my ipod/amp. After a weeks time, I will most likely start listening to them; subsequently after that I will set them up for burning continuously when not in use. That's the game plan.

Realistically speaking though, I will probably wait one day of burning-in to get a taste. I just don't want to be disillusioned so early in the game. I'm having trouble just waiting till Tuesday for them to arrive. I can't contain my excitement, even though I've never experienced a Grado before.

May 8, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why it can't be line-up appearance renew without changing the sound? AKG does this cosmetic "upgrades" all the time.

This might be cosmetic aswell, and differences people have perceived can be explained with product variance? Not an unknown thing in Grado headphones.

May 8, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #12 of 13
I called Grado Labs today because I wanted to hear it from the source, officially. A woman there told me straight up, there are no differences b/w the 325i and the 325is except the color. Then I said; well that's not right, I heard the IS has a thicker and shorter cable. She said that's true. And I asked her about the bass being improved on the IS- she told me "well people have their own opinion on how things sound"... so whatever the hell that means. I'm going to go ahead and conclude, they are roughly the same thing, just that the Gold 325i was an anniversary edition. I guess you Goldies have something special!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back