What is the cheapest humanly possible portable headphone amp?
Apr 7, 2014 at 11:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Scottyyy

500+ Head-Fier
Looking to boost the volume from my Xperia T phone because it's absolutely horrendous, when a car drives past I just can't hear my podcasts whatsoever at max volume. So I need a small, cheap as possible headphone amp. It doesn't need to be good, obviously. I just need a volume boost.

Thanks

Apr 7, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #3 of 5
Assuming you are using OEM earbuds, thats a quick recipe for hearing damage.  Have you considered closed headphones and / or isolating canal-phones?

Apr 7, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #4 of 5
I'd recommend spending that same money on some in ear monitors. They go inside your ear, so they block outside noise. Not only would you get better sound quality than by just making your earbuds louder, but you would also protect your hearing. Cranking the volume in response to outside noise is a recipe for hearing damage. 

Apr 7, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #5 of 5
  I'd recommend spending that same money on some in ear monitors. They go inside your ear, so they block outside noise. Not only would you get better sound quality than by just making your earbuds louder, but you would also protect your hearing. Cranking the volume in response to outside noise is a recipe for hearing damage. 

Nah I can't wear in ear monitors. They are horribly uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back