What is the best videogame ever?
Oct 13, 2002 at 3:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 102

HD-5000

1000+ Head-Fier
You may not have guessed it, but I am a huge video/PC game fan. All I want to know is what is your favorite. For me, its definitely Final Fantasy 7. It has that certain magic that can bring you to tears, anger you, or burst out in laughter. It also has that feeling of wonder. Other games come close, like Starcraft in its ability to addict, or Grand Theft Auto 3 for its sheer entertainment, perhaps even Metal Gear Solid for its involving storyline.

I'm dying to know your opinion on this, so if you're reading this, respond or you will die a horrible death.

Two more things, Carmageddon on PC comes as a close second because man, that game is pure genius. Also, I'm looking for a good ORCHESTRATED soundtrack of Final Fantasy 7.

Thanks.

Oct 13, 2002 at 3:05 AM Post #2 of 102
Half-Life!!

And, of course, that includes all of the mods...
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 13, 2002 at 3:10 AM Post #3 of 102
Zero Wing
tongue.gif

I liked Deus Ex

Oct 13, 2002 at 3:15 AM Post #4 of 102
Final Fantasy IV (II in US). Honorable mentions include System Shock 2 and Soul Calibur 2.

Oct 13, 2002 at 3:24 AM Post #5 of 102
FINAL FANTASY III (6 in japan)-better storyline and "smarter" opponents than IV (2 in US).

Honorable mention:

Starcraft- Simply the most addictive PC game i've ever played

Oct 13, 2002 at 3:35 AM Post #6 of 102
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
FINAL FANTASY III (6 in japan)-better storyline and "smarter" opponents than IV (2 in US).

Honorable mention:

Starcraft- Simply the most addictive PC game i've ever played

FF3 (FF6 Japan) is the best FF I ever played, the ones after that may look better, but the story lines are not as good! ... probably the other best game I have played is SF2 on SNES and Zelda on N64 ..

Yeah I 'fess up ... I'm old school ..
rolleyes.gif

Oct 13, 2002 at 3:47 AM Post #7 of 102
Quote:

Originally posted by Mookie
FF3 (FF6 Japan) is the best FF I ever played, the ones after that may look better, but the story lines are not as good! ... probably the other best game I have played is SF2 on SNES and Zelda on N64 ..

Yeah I 'fess up ... I'm old school ..
rolleyes.gif

Agreed, i dont want to crap on this thread, but FF7 really ticked me off quite a bit. Too much drama and not enough action.

Oct 13, 2002 at 4:16 AM Post #9 of 102
Quote:

Originally posted by Gluegun
Half-Life!!

And, of course, that includes all of the mods...
smily_headphones1.gif

I think half-life can stand quite well on its own actually. Just a great game.

Allthough I don't think it is the best. If I had to choose the one game that I simply could not get enough of, and compleatly encapsulated me in the story, I would have to choose System Shock II. It seriously is like playing a horror movie, add that to the fact that you can choose what type of character you become as the game progresses and you have almost unlimited replay value.

I love that game
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 13, 2002 at 4:20 AM Post #10 of 102
Alright ive been playing videogames since i was 4 years old, and played just about every decent game ever made. my #1 choice is DEFINITELY the original Zelda for the NES. Honorable mentions include Contra, FF7, and any Tony hawk game (the most addictive game(S) ever).

Oct 13, 2002 at 5:04 AM Post #15 of 102
There are lots of classics that are worthy of mention. Here are a few of mine:

PC's:

Apple IIc: Ultima IV
Commodore 64: Wasteland
PC early days: Star Control II
PC later days: Half-Life
PC now: Battlefield 1942

Consoles:

Atari 2600: Adventure
Intellivision: Utopia
NES: River City Ransom