What is the best TV game console?
Jun 30, 2005 at 3:41 PM Post #16 of 25
I spend the most time with my roomate's Playstation 2 - I just wish the controllers were better! They hurt my hands. I like the Xbox S controllers the best.

Seriously, though, it's hard to beat a night of Tekken 5 with your buddies.

Jun 30, 2005 at 4:33 PM Post #17 of 25
even with the upcoming next gen in the near future, you'd still get a decent amount of mileage out of current generation.

some things to consider in no particular order:

-do you need to play the latest and greatest? or can you wait? if you have a list of games that you'd like to play before getting to the current headline grabbers, each current generation console has a bunch of greatest hits for $20 that will keep you occupied for a good long while.

-the Nintendo Revolution and PS3 are to be fully backwards compatible with current generation games, while MS said only certain games will be backwards compatible with the XBox 360.

-if you want a digital out on a game cube, you need to check the serial number because nintendo stopped making them with digital (component) outputs

-typically only a few games are really strong at launch of any new system, so you could think of any of the current generation consoles as a stop gap.

Jun 30, 2005 at 4:37 PM Post #18 of 25
I have a modded xbox and ps2. The modded xbox got NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, neo geo emus installed and about 70 xbox games inside the hard drive
wink.gif

Jun 30, 2005 at 4:50 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT
I have a modded xbox and ps2. The modded xbox got NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, neo geo emus installed and about 70 xbox games inside the hard drive
wink.gif

Dang! I think you need a little MAME arcade action in there too =)

Jun 30, 2005 at 6:23 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT
wink.gif

You're making me want to get an xbox!

Jun 30, 2005 at 7:39 PM Post #21 of 25
The SNES and the Playstation have some of the best RPG titles that exist, I really only enjoy RPGs on consoles. The Dreamcast however is probably my all time favourite...closely followed by Playstation.

I own all of the last generation's consoles (PS2, XBOX, GC), and they all don't really interest me...selling em on Ebay along with the games, what a waste of money.

Jun 30, 2005 at 8:02 PM Post #22 of 25
My modded 250 GB XBOX just might be the best console I've ever owned. Though, of the 90 games on the hard drive, only one has been getting attention lately and that is GTA: San Andreas.
biggrin.gif

And I just got another PS2 so I could play GT4. This is my 2nd PS2 and is the slim version--I LOVE the size of this thing! Crossing my fingers that it won't stop reading discs like my older PS2 did...

Jul 1, 2005 at 3:17 AM Post #23 of 25
i had a modded xbox once.

I got rid of it, i hated the games on xbox.

I have a ps2, i use it sometimes... it has more fighting games which i like, dead or alive is one thing the xbox has, but tekken 5? Nope hehe.
Also, it won't have soul calibur 3 either.

My favorite games hehe.

Jul 1, 2005 at 10:57 PM Post #24 of 25
Lou,

What games do you own on the N64? If you haven't played the original Turok, Goldeneye, Doom64, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, the first Star Wars Game (Shadows of the Empire), any Blitz football game, maybe even Perfect Dark, Hybrid Heaven, Starfox64, RayMan2, etc., these are usually about $7 apiece. That should tie you over until the XBox 360 comes out.

If you have not yet played Ocarina of Time, then definitely get that as it has about 100 hours of gameplay. It took me about a month to finish Turok I, and it is my favourite game on the N64.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back