What is the best portable/nomadic headphone for my musical tastes
Aug 26, 2013 at 9:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Frenchy

New Head-Fier
Actually my source is a Nexus 4 and music in wave/flac quality.

I hesitate too much between the Sennheiser Amperior and the Audio Technica ES10.

I want buy the headphone who has the best sound quality with all musics i like.

My musics tastes are : electro (digitalism, justice, daft punk, miami horror, mr.oizo, crystal castles, bloody beetroots) indie rock (klaxons, radiohead, mgmt, late of pier,) us rap (wiz kalifa, 2chainz, jayz) trip hop (massive attack) reggea and ost of old videogame like tomb raider 3,4,street fighter 3rd strike, second impact, ex series, and alpha series.

Aug 26, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #3 of 6
Amperior is an updated HD25-ii which was a very fun, aggressive sounding headphone. The ES10 on the other hand is more laid back and midcentric. Do you wants more mids, or do you want more bass and treble? I'm guessing the latter based on your musical tastes which to me are more on the aggressive side?

Aug 26, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #4 of 6
Yeah i think its the later based 
tongue.gif

So you think the two headphone has equivalent sound quality but a different signature sound is that right ?

The site Headphonia  http://www.headfonia.com/portable-headphone-recommendations/ say the es10 signature is "hifi" and the hd25ii (same i think than Amperior) signature is "rockin"

The es10 is famous to be more warm and laid back.

But I read on forums that the ES10 had more bass and controlled much better and had a wider sound spectrum. I also read that the helmet was the best for metal so it might be much more energetic than the Amperior ?

I'm a litlle noob in headphone
beyersmile.png

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #5 of 6
I would agree with Headfonia's asssessment of the two headphones, although their definition of "hi-fi" is a bit odd. I don't think the ES10 would have more bass than the HD25, but it would be tighter and better controlled. More bass is usually harder to control. With your musical preferences I would go for something aggressive like the HD25 or DT1350. ES10 would be great for slower genres like classical, jazz, or accoustic. What is the helmet?

Aug 27, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #6 of 6
It's finish i choose the Amperior at 229 euros in Amazon.fr i know it's more expensive  than matériel.net (170 euros in this site) but i bought too a Asus Essence ST and an Audio Technica Ad700 and it's the account of my mother she doesn't know i bought the Amperior it is as if I had stolen my mother
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back