What is the best portable MD player?
May 9, 2002 at 4:31 PM Post #17 of 19
Word of advice, stay away from the Sony E90 player. I bought it 2 years ago when it was the "top of the line" player. Needless to say then I had no idea what good sound was. The treble is so harsh it hurts my ears on just about any type or recording.
frown.gif

PS, the e900 and e90 are totally differnt kinda like the v6 and v600
wink.gif

May 10, 2002 at 3:32 AM Post #18 of 19
well....Honestly...I think it is my Sharp MD-SS323. It's one of the rarest and the best Sharp MD portable.
It has 13 factory preset DSPs and bass/treble adjustment + surround modes. Pretty much a modern day of Sony D-555. Anyway, the sound quality is excellent and should satisfy anyone's music taste.
However, I don't think it is available anymore, since it is japanese domestic model (1999). Moreover, it has lithium ion and ability to recharge and play md simutaneously when the AC daptor is used is awesome. It has a slot in mechanism and super cool backlit LCD. You can see the pic from Avartar. The LCD also features dancing dude, when the title is not entered.

May 10, 2002 at 6:40 AM Post #19 of 19
If you want a play-only unit with a more powerful amp, see if you can get your hands on an Aiwa AM-HX150. It has a total of 16mW out. It has, however been recently discontinued and replaced by the HX400 with only 7.4mW out. I have the HX400, and it does sound fine to me. They are both Japanese models only, though.

I could suggest the E707 as an alternative, or the MJ88 by Panasonic, though it lacks MDLP and has a 7mW total out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back