What is the best PC software for listening to music? Is there even difference between the output quality of different softwares?
Feb 15, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #2 of 11
An awful lot of us swear by Foobar as the music player of choice. It surfaces some options (plug-ins) that are not available in media player or winamp and gives you more control over how you talk to the sound card. I think windows media player is still tied to the Direct sound API only, so you lose out on some of the better drivers for various sound cards as it limits you to that method of accessing the hardware.

Feb 15, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #3 of 11
I used foobar for *YEARS* and I still tell everybody it is one of the best. However, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and in doing so, broke my foobar skin entirely, which I could not remedy. In addition to great sound quality, I also want my player to function a certain way. So I began looking for another program that had a similar layout and sounded similarly good and found one called MusicBee. Great layout and options and I was surprised at how much clarity it was able to extract from the same music that I had previously been used to on foobar. Give it a try as well.

Feb 15, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #4 of 11
Roon and Mediamonkey are the ones I use :)

Feb 15, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #5 of 11
As an AIO (music, film, TV, Internet Radio) i use JRiver.

Feb 15, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #7 of 11
Foobar2000 (with WASAPI installed).

Feb 15, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #8 of 11
Thank you all for your suggestions! I tried Foobar and Musicbee and I can feel they are slightly better than Winamp and Windows Media Player, but the improvement is definitely noticeable, before buying the HD600s I've read in most reviews that they can reveal flaws in recordings and now I can't believe how some of the music I listen to has some flaws, especially I can hear very light buzzing in the certain tracks that it is still audible with the other headphones but they are not noticed that easily, first I though maybe my unit in faulty but I tested them with pure bass or treble they performed without any flaw. but I still I'm obsessed with the idea that maybe something's wrong with my headphones! anyone can help me put an end to this doubt once and for all? it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #11 of 11
You can have fun with those SB Zx cards. There are some mods here that upgrade the caps and some op-amp rolling options to tune it a bit more if you have some diy skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back