What is the best pair of headphones I can get for 60 bucks?
May 26, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #4 of 11
I have the Yamaha RH-5Ma monitor headphones and they fit your price range. I was very impressed by them really. To my ears they sound much better than the Koss headphones which I also have. The bass is just so nicely done. The highs reach very high without sounding bright. The mids are nothing to write home about, that is to say they are not lush sounding - somewhat dry. The soundstage is fairly narrow compared to some headphones - more of an in your ears type sound but I found I did get used to it and after a bit started adjusting to it so that it seemed to widen back out a bit.  I think the word 'groovy' is how I would describe the overall sound of these under-rated cans. They are also comfortable as well.

However I do prefer the Fostex T50RP headphones as my everyday can. I got them online last fall for $59.00 with free shipping, but I think their normal price is more like $79.00, but if you like realistic sounding vocals and acoustic instruments and drums, then they are a step ahead of the competition in my opinion. I think the words "clear" and "accurate" are how I would describe their sound. Throw in a little elevated bass on the e.q. and they are downright awesome, especially considering their price.
dt880smile.png

My opinion on the above headphones is based on using them through an e-mu 0404usb amp/dac. Hope that helps.

May 26, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #5 of 11
Senn PX100 or Koss Porta Pro!

May 26, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #6 of 11
for portable see above post. for large size cans get a jvc harx700. the fostex is nice but needs a medium strength amp to shine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back