What Is the best over the ear headphones under $200?
Nov 18, 2011 at 11:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BrandonKliss

New Head-Fier
Hey audio experts and such, im a total noob when it comes to headphones but i know what sounds "good" you know? But as the title reads i would like to know your guys choice of over the ear headphones under $200. I own a klipsch image s4 and love them but im looking for some good over the ear headphones, Ive heard all of the buzz about 

Sennheiser and i listened to the Sennheiser HD428 S and i REALLY like the highs and mids but it has like no bass, im looking for headphones with those highs and mids but with a good power-full low bass. Any suggestions? 

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #2 of 5
I can recommend Beyerdynamic DT770, DT990, or DT880.  You can find them for around $150-200 used.  You'll probably need an amp, though.  You might also try Sennheiser HD25.  Those are supra aural, whereas the Beyers are circumaural.

Try one of the countless other posts on this subject. :)

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
Hey audio experts and such, im a total noob when it comes to headphones but i know what sounds "good" you know? But as the title reads i would like to know your guys choice of over the ear headphones under $200. I own a klipsch image s4 and love them but im looking for some good over the ear headphones, Ive heard all of the buzz about 

Sennheiser and i listened to the Sennheiser HD428 S and i REALLY like the highs and mids but it has like no bass, im looking for headphones with those highs and mids but with a good power-full low bass. Any suggestions? 

Heya,

Under $200 is a big spectrum. It will be largely preference driven. Here's some starting suggestions:

Shure SRH440
Shure SRH750 DJ
Panasonic HTF600
Beyer Dynamic DT770 PRO & DT990 PRO
Fischer Audio FA-011
Ultrasone HFI 580
AudioTechnica A900 & AD900
Denon D2000 (used)
Grado SR60i with Lcush Pads

Very best,

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #5 of 5

Just out of your budget but these are very nice indeed