What is the best over ear headset with bass and a mic?
Feb 4, 2013 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Authority

New Head-Fier
Hey! im new to this site and was wondering what the best headset with great bass and a mic would be. It would be used for pc gaming and music (dubstep/trap) and good bass is a must and the mic is for gaming and needs to be over ear. Willing to spend up to 150$ 
Thanks!

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #3 of 10
Ive heard of those and they look nice but it doesnt mention anything about the bass. i had astro a40s which were designed for gaming but sold them to try to find something with amazing bass which is really what im looking for 

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #6 of 10
http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Studiophile-Closed-back-Dynamic-Headphones/dp/B000XT8JTM

and then this mic

http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ

smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #7 of 10
I'm very VERY happy with my Beyerdynamic MMX 300. A bit higher than your budget but totally worth it. 5 Years guarantee. Closed type. (Passive noise canceling 18dB) A40 and 50 and all razer products don't even come close.

Some say over priced DT 770, but the all in one solution is great engineering. Works great, mic is awesome quality as well. One wire solution.

The bass is very controlled, goes down really low and won't distort. It's not overblown "beats" style bass. At first you will be like hmmm, then you will be like F%&k yea!!! Really shines with a sound card with headphone amp or an external headphone amp.

A friend of mine returned the 360, said he couldn't locate enemies with it. I personally have never heard it.

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
I'm very VERY happy with my Beyerdynamic MMX 300. A bit higher than your budget but totally worth it. 5 Years guarantee. Closed type. (Passive noise canceling 18dB) A40 and 50 and all razer products don't even come close.

Some say over priced DT 770, but the all in one solution is great engineering. Works great, mic is awesome quality as well. One wire solution.

The bass is very controlled, goes down really low and won't distort. It's not overblown "beats" style bass. At first you will be like hmmm, then you will be like F%&k yea!!! Really shines with a sound card with headphone amp or an external headphone amp.

A friend of mine returned the 360, said he couldn't locate enemies with it. I personally have never heard it.

I think it is overpriced because the regular DT770 Pro 80 is only $190 and the MMX 300 is $300+. And you can get a nice mic for only a bit more.

Actually, i think the MMX 300 is the discontinued DT770 Premiums which is pretty interesting. But the DT770 Pro 80 is still the better deal

Feb 4, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

I think it is overpriced because the regular DT770 Pro 80 is only $190 and the MMX 300 is $300+. And you can get a nice mic for only a bit more.

Actually, i think the MMX 300 is the discontinued DT770 Premiums which is pretty interesting. But the DT770 Pro 80 is still the better deal

And I respect your opinion.

I like the boom mic. Works. People comment on how real I sound. Build quality is awesome, as expected from BD. I want the all in one package. I want one cord. And 5 years guaranty on the whole deal. BD delivered.

I feel they could cost 259 euros instead of 299. 

Feb 4, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #10 of 10
The DT770's I have heard have a ton of bass and very good soundstage for a closed can. If you were to end up with the Q40's then buying a pair of Dt770 pads "Is a must"
You also may want to look into some of the ultrasones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back