What is the best KB Ear IEM for EDM?
Jan 19, 2020 at 11:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Solar1971

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys.
I read a few nice reviews about KB Ear IEMs.
I don’t know anything about this brand.
Can anyone give me some insight into this brand? Please?
Also what model should I look at for EDM?

Jan 19, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #2 of 3
You can ask more in the dedicated KBEAR thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kb-ear-audio-impressions-thread.912673/

They are a relatively new brand that just came out last year, honestly their first few IEMs didn't have that favourable reviews but their latest 2 IEMs, KBEAR Diamond (single DD) and TRI I3 (planar hybrid) have outstanding reviews. The TRI I3 is usually marketed under KBEAR but sometimes under TRI, I think the companies may be related.

The only KBEAR I own currently is the KBEAR Diamond. The Diamond has excellent tonality/timbre with very good (for single DD) technicalities, extremely smooth and great for acoustic instruments. It does ok for EDM/synthetic instruments, and it is adequate for EDM, though personally I would use a hybrid/multi BA for EDM as single DD sets usually have poorer technicalities in the budget range, and EDM may benefit from slightly better technicalities.

Jan 20, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #3 of 3
You can ask more in the dedicated KBEAR thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kb-ear-audio-impressions-thread.912673/

They are a relatively new brand that just came out last year, honestly their first few IEMs didn't have that favourable reviews but their latest 2 IEMs, KBEAR Diamond (single DD) and TRI I3 (planar hybrid) have outstanding reviews. The TRI I3 is usually marketed under KBEAR but sometimes under TRI, I think the companies may be related.

The only KBEAR I own currently is the KBEAR Diamond. The Diamond has excellent tonality/timbre with very good (for single DD) technicalities, extremely smooth and great for acoustic instruments. It does ok for EDM/synthetic instruments, and it is adequate for EDM, though personally I would use a hybrid/multi BA for EDM as single DD sets usually have poorer technicalities in the budget range, and EDM may benefit from slightly better technicalities.

thank you for the info. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back