What Is The Best IEM I Can Get For $500
Nov 12, 2021 at 9:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

whirlwind

Headphoneus Supremus
Looking For an IEM

I am looking for the best deal that I can get for $500 and I am not at all concerned about used, may even prefer that if it gets me a tier up on sound.

Listen to mostly Blues/ Blues Rock ..Hiby R3 is dap I am using and don't want to upgrade that

I love sub bass and I love slam....good instrument separation.....these would be my preferences for these

In my mind I always assumed maybe the Monarch would be a good choice....but just looking for guidance from people who have actually owned what they recommend.

No disrespect to anybody's input but I prefer to hear from people that have owned what they recommend.

Thanks for any info.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #2 of 13
Elex right now on Drop $550

Nov 12, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #3 of 13
Nov 12, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #4 of 13
In that case paid a bit more and get the Monarch OG for $720.

Nov 12, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #5 of 13
If you see a used set of Empire Audio Bravado MK2 (MK2 very important, the originals are completely different) in budget, jump on them. You might have to EQ bass down a little with some things, but they really are exceptional.

Second choice would be the AAW x TCA Project 4+2. Also a great IEM, and the ability to tune bass with the included swappable ports is very nice, may actually make them more versatile.

I've heard the Monarch, and while it's a very good technical IEM at its price point, it can't touch either of the above when it comes to bass. Like, not even close.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #7 of 13
If you see a used set of Empire Audio Bravado MK2 (MK2 very important, the originals are completely different) in budget, jump on them. You might have to EQ bass down a little with some things, but they really are exceptional.

Second choice would be the AAW x TCA Project 4+2. Also a great IEM, and the ability to tune bass with the included swappable ports is very nice, may actually make them more versatile.

I've heard the Monarch, and while it's a very good technical IEM at its price point, it can't touch either of the above when it comes to bass. Like, not even close.
Can both of these be had on the used market for around $500

Nov 13, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #8 of 13
Can both of these be had on the used market for around $500
If you get really, really lucky, maybe. Normal used prices are closer to $600 though.

Nov 13, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #9 of 13
If you get really, really lucky, maybe. Normal used prices are closer to $600 though.
Thanks for the info....I am assuming size wise, these are much smaller than Monarch

Nov 13, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #10 of 13
Looking For an IEM

I am looking for the best deal that I can get for $500 and I am not at all concerned about used, may even prefer that if it gets me a tier up on sound.

Listen to mostly Blues/ Blues Rock ..Hiby R3 is dap I am using and don't want to upgrade that

I love sub bass and I love slam....good instrument separation.....these would be my preferences for these

In my mind I always assumed maybe the Monarch would be a good choice....but just looking for guidance from people who have actually owned what they recommend.

No disrespect to anybody's input but I prefer to hear from people that have owned what they recommend.

Thanks for any info.

If you like your bass, maybe you can read about the Mangird Xenns Up. It is a set for bassheads in view of the good bass quality and quantity. Not the most analytical set, but a fun sounding one.

Nov 13, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #11 of 13
Looking For an IEM

Thanks for any info.

Etymotic EVO. Prefect isolation lets you focus entirely on the music with no distractions. Listen at lower volumes and protect your hearing. Comes with a cable that provides near-zero microphonics.

Nov 13, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #12 of 13
You probably can’t find a used monarch for $500, but perhaps a clairvoyance. Moondrop blessing 2 dusk is an easy recommendation.

Nov 14, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #13 of 13
Sounds like I may have to stretch my budget to $600

Anybody have any thoughts on what IEM the Hiby R3 will power better......Bravado Mk2 or Monarch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back