What is the best headphone amp for Benchmark DAC1?
Nov 13, 2004 at 1:05 PM Post #16 of 21
Balanced Dynahi/Gilmore/Blockhead.
Of the 3, the Dynahi is my choice.
IF you only want balanced save up some money as you are looking around 2K atleast for any of the higher end gilmore's or the blockhead.
Of course you could ask Xanadu777. He is running a couple of balanced PPA's which might just fit in your budget of 900.

Also try Iron_D's balanced mod. I am sure you will notice interesting changes.

Nov 13, 2004 at 6:34 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunwar

Mine too. If everything goes right, I have to wait only 2 or 3 more weeks.
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2004 at 6:52 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunwar
Balanced Dynahi/Gilmore/Blockhead.
IF you only want balanced save up some money as you are looking around 2K atleast for any of the higher end gilmore's or the blockhead.
Of course you could ask Xanadu777. He is running a couple of balanced PPA's which might just fit in your budget of 900.

Also try Iron_D's balanced mod. I am sure you will notice interesting changes.

Seems that I'd better wait to see a comparision of Balanced Dynahi vs. Unbalanced Dynahi vs. Balanced direct DAC1 XLR-out.
biggrin.gif

BTW, if there any place that I can buy a balanced Dynahi? How much will it cost?

Nov 14, 2004 at 6:58 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by d1no
Seems that I'd better wait to see a comparision of Balanced Dynahi vs. Unbalanced Dynahi vs. Balanced direct DAC1 XLR-out.
biggrin.gif

BTW, if there any place that I can buy a balanced Dynahi? How much will it cost?

some headfiers can build one for you but as far as i know its going to cost at least 1500 USD.

Nov 14, 2004 at 11:55 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silby
Doesn't the DAC-1 have a built in head amp?

-Silby

It is my understanding that the amplifier section of the DAC-1 isn't very highly regarded and could stand some improvement in order to be up to par with the rest of the components. Still, the generan consensus is that the unit as a whole is still a bargain for its price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back