What is the best gaming headset
Jun 21, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #2 of 5
There is no best gaming headset, but if you let us know what your preferences are perhaps we could recommend one you would like. Popular choices are Dt990, Fidelio X2, and AKG K701/7XX. At least, I find them popular.

Jun 22, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #3 of 5
There is no best gaming headset, but if you let us know what your preferences are perhaps we could recommend one you would like. Popular choices are Dt990, Fidelio X2, and AKG K701/7XX. At least, I find them popular.
Technically none of those are headsets :p - no microphone
troll.png

I can only tell you MY best gaming headset is the DT790 which I have modified to DT770 Pro 80 ohm specs with bass boost mod - removing the rear driver dust caps.
It's not far off from a standard DT770 Pro which would be my choice for a gaming headphone.

Nothing beats a good closed-back for isolation from noise while gaming... especially relevant for mechanical keyboard users and noisy PC fans in the middle of summer.

Jun 22, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #4 of 5
After trying various setups over the years I now use two:

When I want to hear minute details and pinpoint direction I use a Schiit Fulla + Sennheiser/Drop PC37X = more than $200, but not by much. I also use this setup when I need to hear things in my surroundings like kids and the wife.

When I want the outside world to disappear or the damn cords, I use the Razer Blackshark Pro = less than $200.

I have tried multiple $1,000+ audiophile setups for gaming over the years and have enjoyed better comfort from things designed for gaming.

Jun 22, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #5 of 5
I have been very happy with the Sennheiser/Drop PC38X

Users who are viewing this thread

Back