What is the best flash mp3 player on the market right now?
Jul 9, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by mule65 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMHO, U3 blows away the Clip.

hahaha, I'll have to do a head to head test of the 2 mule65.

Honestly I haven't listened to my U3 in quite a while since I got the clip. So it could be a case of forgetting how awesome it sounds...
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by rrc589 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the D2 have a bookmark feature?

If you mean the capacity to make on-the-go playlists, then yes. You can add any files you want to it, then browse your built playlist as you would a directory.

Jul 9, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #18 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you mean the capacity to make on-the-go playlists, then yes. You can add any files you want to it, then browse your built playlist as you would a directory.

No, Bookmarking means that you can stop a song/audio book file and save the spot. Then you can listen to other stuff and start the original file back up from the saved spot at a later time.

Jul 9, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #19 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr13zehn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, Bookmarking means that you can stop a song/audio book file and save the spot. Then you can listen to other stuff and start the original file back up from the saved spot at a later time.

I bought the Sony NWZ-A728 everyone.

The lack of a bookmarking feature is one of my 2 gripes. Another gripe is having to convert video files to be viewed on the player.

Bookmarking isn't too much of a big deal though. I just have to remember where I left off in my podcast, press pause, and fastforward to where I left off. Even if I wanted to resume 40 minutes into a podcast, it would only take 20 seconds to fastforward to that point, which isn't bad.

I think I have the video conversion issues sorted out now, so things are looking good. It's not like I'm going to constantly be watching movies on the thing, so converting a movie or 2 is not a big deal for me.

Jul 9, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by rrc589 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the D2 have a bookmark feature?

Yes, it does.

Jul 9, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #21 of 32
Nice player you got there. Grats!
smily_headphones1.gif

One thing I wanted to say about touch screens, since people seem to dislike them a lot. It has its advantages too. When you need to get to a certain spot in a podcast, song, audio book, you can just hit that spot on the progress bar and boom you're there. Aside from that, some players with touch screens also have the main functions mapped on tactile buttons (like a D2) so you can blindly FF, REW and pause anyways.

Jul 9, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by WorldsEndWombat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i know someone seeking top SQ use this professional recorder listening mp3 (or maybe lossless). it gets 4G flash memory, the headphone jack is powerful enough to drive HD650 with decent SQ. PCM-D1 is the top however it's just toooooo expensive to be a mp3 player. PCM-D50 is around USD$500 I think.
sony_pcmd50.jpg

we're talking here about mp3 players not proffesional news reporter recording equipment...

don't think that alot of people whould pay 500 dollars for a 4 gb mp3 player by the way

Jul 11, 2008 at 8:57 AM Post #25 of 32
Don't forget the B&0.

Jul 11, 2008 at 10:58 AM Post #27 of 32
Looks p-u-r-t-y!!!! But yeah, the YP-Z5 was supposed to have great SQ - but why pay for a rebrand when you can get the original STILL NEW on Amazon? I'd go for the Z5 as the BS 6 still says Samsung on the back anyway.

Dec 1, 2008 at 8:09 AM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rico67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't forget the B&0.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nommummy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
beosound 6 the best ever regardless of the beosound 2 which is hard to use

Really?
After it has been established that it's a ridiculously overprice Samsung rebrand (and not only on this thread) you still recommend this player? Did you even read the thread? At all?
Besides, anyone who says that the Beo 6 is the best, etc, is just trying to justify their bad purchase decision to themselves. Like it happens so often with anything we buy that's more expensive than it should be (heck, I've been guilty of it myself in the past).

Sorry about the rant... I'm tired and cranky, heh.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back