What is the best choice for Grado headphone ?
Feb 14, 2008 at 10:26 AM Post #32 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by newguru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RS-1 with mods would be my choice.

A little off the topic - What RS-1 mod(s) are worthwhile ? Anything beyond pad swapping have a good cost/benefit ratio ?

Feb 14, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #33 of 51
if you take Alessandro into account, MS-Pro is the best headphone coming out from Gradolab ,despite of PS1s , nowadays..

Feb 16, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #34 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by fld777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll probably end up with an RS1 soon to compliment my HD600.

Me too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 16, 2008 at 10:00 AM Post #35 of 51
Apologies in advance for the threadjacking but, I'm looking at scoring a set of Grados in the near future (had a set of SR60's a couple of years back that I passed on to my sister) and I'm wondering what the major differences between the RS-1's, RS-2's, and 325i's is? Are there any mods I can do to boost one or the other up to the highest sound quality for less bucks? As of right now I'm leaning towards the RS-1's because I get a very nice deal on them through work.

Feb 16, 2008 at 10:28 AM Post #36 of 51
If you can afford that, just go straight to RS-1. Because it's offered the best sounding n much refine sound from SR60.

RS-2....... it's just a bit different.

SR325i....... don't like it, too harsh n bright and sure it's heavy.

Feb 16, 2008 at 1:11 PM Post #37 of 51
vandread;3812099 said:
If you can afford that, just go straight to RS-1. Because it's offered the best sounding n much refine sound from SR60.
i'm enjoying my buddies sr125 cans as we speak.
I really cant fault it Maybe some "more body" would be good but thats nitpicking.
Would RS1s be leaps and bounds over the SR125 ?

Budget is not a problem for an RS1.

Regards

Feb 16, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #38 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by vandread /img/forum/go_quote.gif

RS-2....... it's just a bit different.

SR325i....... don't like it, too harsh n bright and sure it's heavy.

The 325's are not as heavy as people may lead you to believe. I was surprised when I first got mine.This brightness thing is relative to what you compare too. I started out with sr80's and do not think my 325's are bright. Some songs can get intense but that is because the 325's can give you all the treble there is.I know I cannot go back to senn's or stuff like that because I keep turning them up so they sound like grados.

EDIT: Recordings definitely make a difference. Especially with the 325's.I think 325's are better at jazz and pop for sure. Rock can sometimes get bright depending on how it was recorded(more treble in the mixer perhaps).

Feb 16, 2008 at 3:53 PM Post #39 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by nutkicker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Grado RS-1 would probably be better for you if you want the grado sound signature. The GS1000 sound almost nothing like the other grados and they are not for everyone. I found that the RS-1's have absolutely amazing vocals and detail while the GS1000's have an extremely wide soundstage and very hard hitting bass.

Having heard them both plus the RS2, I'd agree with nutkicker in recommending you to go straight for the RS1 which possesses the Grado sound.

The GS1000 is more comfortable to wear but I find the bass a tad too heavy as compared to the RS1/RS2.

Feb 16, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #41 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by JackCrank /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like the RS-1 it is. Thanks.

These are one fun can for rock.

Feb 16, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #42 of 51
my setup EC/SS + RS 1 -> disappointed
Little Dot Macro II + SR80 -> Fun, and Love it.
there's some head fiers always says trust your ears.
i think they're right.(matter of preference).
from now on i'll just read and read all head fiers's opinion and trust my ears and wallet to decide it....LOL!!!!

Feb 17, 2008 at 10:05 AM Post #45 of 51
HOT DAMN! That's all I can say after a little taste test yesterday at sound by singer. I checked out the RS1's, the RS2's, and the 325i's yesterday and that isht blew me away. I was using Miles Smiles (Miles Davis) and Discharge's Hear Nothing... as my two points of reference. The RS1's and 2's killed it on both of them. The 325i's weren't bad by any means just after hearing the reference cans there wasn't much competition. I think the RS-2s are probably a better deal for the money but for unquestionably rad sound the RS-1's are the way to go. They're warm, musical, live, and comfortable. Looks like I'll be picking up a pair of these next week.

Not from singer though, those dudes were kind of jerks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back