WHAT IS THE BEST CHOICE? AUNE, AUDINST, ZERO, MAVERICK D1 OR SOMETHING ELSE?
Mar 15, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #16 of 19
I've used the Zero for a number of years and it's a terrific solid state amp. Upgrade the op-amps (a little research needed here) and it will match the above mentioned; with any cheap SS amp/DAC if they use op-amps they will all sound the same. For what it's worth I used the Zero as a DAC to my tube amp and didn't hear a significant change in sound until I bought an $800 dedicated DAC... that includes auditioning the Cambridge dacmagic, among others.

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #17 of 19
It seems like Audio-gd will hang up NFB-12 orders..

I sent them an email and they responded on 19th march.. Here is the unpleasant answer..

"Dear Arif,
Sorry about this,and because the chassis of NFB-12 now is not arrived,so that we need to wait for the chassis for finish the NFB-12,we will finish and shipping it as soon as possible,sorry."

Mar 21, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #18 of 19
yeah, I recently sent them an email asking if they had an estimate of the time they would ship it, they said early april. So it has been about a month (put my order in on march 4th). I am just happy to get such a slamming deal, dual wolfson DACs, an excellent amp section, and a very good power section. so much win for 244$, cant wait

Mar 21, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #19 of 19

Yeah, i'm totally agreed with you and i can't wait too..
BTW, they should put into practice their promise, this is highly bothersome for me..
Quote:
yeah, I recently sent them an email asking if they had an estimate of the time they would ship it, they said early april. So it has been about a month (put my order in on march 4th). I am just happy to get such a slamming deal, dual wolfson DACs, an excellent amp section, and a very good power section. so much win for 244$, cant wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Back