1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What is the best audiophile iem for classic music?

1. 64alex
    I am looking for the best audiophile iem a budget of up to 1k USD can get to be used mainly for classical music including chirale works. It will be used with a Headroom DAC/AMP, a little bit old but still great.

Important things to consider are:

1. Sound quality: The most possible flat curve.

2. Comfort: As having ears on the small size good fit and comfort for small sized ears is important.

It is not important a perfect sound isolatin and as a matter of fact having some ambient awareness is not bad.
    From what I saw I am thinking at the Sennheisers ie800/800s and the Beyerdynamic Xelento. Any opinion on what would be the best, or any other potential alternative for the use I am planning?

2. pbui44
  3. Colors
    Try the Etymotic ER4SR as well. Demo it if you have a chance.

4. 64alex
    Provided I will try demo before buying at this price range, I tend to have a preference for Dynamic drives as I see BA's as too analytic and I prefer a more coherent drive. In addition comfort is a major factor for me as having small ears they could have an impact. It is for these two reasons I am thinking about the SE ie800 and the Xelento as both are Dynamic Drivers and with reported good comfort, while I was not thinking about the Campfire and Etynmotic as both BA and with potential fitting/comfort issues.
    So any comparison between the ie800 and the Xelento?

5. pikachuchu
    I like Shure SE846