What is the best audiophile iem for classic music?
May 15, 2018 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

64alex

New Head-Fier
I am looking for the best audiophile iem a budget of up to 1k USD can get to be used mainly for classical music including chirale works. It will be used with a Headroom DAC/AMP, a little bit old but still great.

Important things to consider are:

1. Sound quality: The most possible flat curve.

2. Comfort: As having ears on the small size good fit and comfort for small sized ears is important.

It is not important a perfect sound isolatin and as a matter of fact having some ambient awareness is not bad.
From what I saw I am thinking at the Sennheisers ie800/800s and the Beyerdynamic Xelento. Any opinion on what would be the best, or any other potential alternative for the use I am planning?

May 16, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #3 of 5
Try the Etymotic ER4SR as well. Demo it if you have a chance.

May 16, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #4 of 5
Provided I will try demo before buying at this price range, I tend to have a preference for Dynamic drives as I see BA's as too analytic and I prefer a more coherent drive. In addition comfort is a major factor for me as having small ears they could have an impact. It is for these two reasons I am thinking about the SE ie800 and the Xelento as both are Dynamic Drivers and with reported good comfort, while I was not thinking about the Campfire and Etynmotic as both BA and with potential fitting/comfort issues.
So any comparison between the ie800 and the Xelento?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back