What is the best audio system in the world, in the scale S.Q. /price ratio ?
Mar 22, 2023 at 3:01 AM Post #31 of 39
Just a last word to say that if i could had acoustically managed in the past my own dedicated room homemade at no cost for my speakers with success and with a soundfield 3-D around me, this means that what i look for with my components is at worst a minimal acoustic end result comparable to my dedicated room... Anything less is trash for me, I.E useless to listen happily to music because sound can be an impediment ....

Then a wise choice of component is based on ACOUSTIC experience for me not on price....Perhaps i am nuts about sound , but not a gullible customer nor a passive consumer....

And because of money limitation, i am not interested by " the best in the world" based on price or marketing, but "the best in the world" for each of you based on your experience not on pricing... Each of us being different, the discussion will be interesting.... I only supposed and thought that you could be able to not only name but explain a bit your choices....

I dont want a list of best of.... I want explanations about your choices... I can explain mine very well and with many details... I chose not to do this here because this thread is not about ME, i explained already my choice in another thread for that, but about your choices and your opinions for the benefit of all .... :wink: :)
Ok,

So, I do have myself a sedentary system not too bad, in a dedicated room and acoustically treated. It's one of my references.

About my "eco gears" (my beloved old Dx90 fully modded dap, and my... beloved old a111 - aka f111 ; see my signature - uiem) :

- accurate tones and timbres
- very good dynamic behaviour
- holographic kind of "soundstage"
- good technicalities
- perfectly clean and clear (no noise, no hiss, no ...)

😎🥰👍

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #32 of 39
This is piling on, but the OP's first post is totally disqualifying for the question.

If we were going that route, a pair of Koss KSC-75s with your choice of DAP or phone would win the cost vs. quality issue, hands down.

However, ANYONE who's been involved in audiophilia for any length of time, knows that achieving the final 10% of quality increase comes with an exponential investment.

Mar 22, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #33 of 39
This is piling on, but the OP's first post is totally disqualifying for the question.

If we were going that route, a pair of Koss KSC-75s with your choice of DAP or phone would win the cost vs. quality issue, hands down.

However, ANYONE who's been involved in audiophilia for any length of time, knows that achieving the final 10% of quality increase comes with an exponential investment

By the way if you are able to read properly you will had understood that i submitted TWO propositions in my opening post... My actual best S.Q. price ratio experience, and a second choice in a future upgrade for something i called a possible very high best S.Q./price ratio ... Then THINK before saying my post disqualify me... I NEVER SPOKE ABOUT THE HIGHEST RATIO IN THE ABSOLUTE but in each one of us journey.... Are you able to understand before criticizing ?

I try to stay constructive and positive , try it , it help to understand others point.... :)

Most people are not interested by the last % of audiophile possible experience.... Most of the times this is the result of advertisement and consumers conditioning... Relatively very good and sound audiophile experience is possible at low cost ... Saying the opposite and devaluating low cost components use is not wise here...

When i spoke about the best ratio S.Q./ price i spoke supposing an evolution in the journey of each people on the road toward good sound.... Then everybody choices will be a signpost in his journey as my own choice above are a signpost in my journey.... Nobody with common sense is interested by the ABSOLUTE best S.Q. in itself.... This is marketing.... And if a component is magically good at 100,000 dollars to reach what you call the last % of audiophile "details" juice , no average audiophile is really interested... Why? Because we dont have the money... And it is preposterous to devaluate relatively low cost components and low cost means to improve sound quality....

My acoustic room takes me few years to be tuned with success at no cost.... Homemade.... Is my room comparable to a 100,000 dollars one ? No not at all, is my room better than any living non dedicated room : YES.....Are you able to understand this simple sentence?

Then my thread is about intelligence, S.Q. at low cost or at cost under 100,000 dollars...My thread is about people personal journey and choices.... Then argumenting that there is no best at low cost, that there is not an audiophile experience under 1000 dollars because of the lacking % of details is common place useless arguing and acoustic ignorance if we speak about basic room acoustic ....

By the way the AKG K340 or the Sansui alpha were TOTL of the past and their audiophile quality had not been erased completely and they are anything save trash.... This is my ACTUAL components... I spoke also about my dreamed upgrade at the BEST RATIO S.Q. /PRICE too .... My thread is there for others to partake about their best S.Q. /price ratio IN THEIR OWN ONGOING JOURNEY not in the absolute.... I am interested by what intelligent people had to say about their audio journey and wise audio money investment and not about Bill Gates audio choice as the best there is at all.... Is it clearer?

Nothing is more easy than to build a top of the world audio system with no money limits.... You dont have to know nothing.... Only people reading audio marketing as truth are interested by that ...Average audiophile like to learn and experiment at low cost.... I am one...
In our audio journey the difficult task and main point is to create and manage the relative best there is at the lowest possible cost... Then i studied basic acoustic to create my room with success.... Who is interested by paying 100,000 bucks to a pro acoustician to build one? Very few people and my thread will not interest them... Is it clearer?

By the way my actual audio system under 1000 bucks is so good now that i dont need anything else....This does not means that it is the BEST there is... My goal here is knowing what are others choices are because i know how to create audiophile experience in a room at low cost now, and with the right optimized headphone i can even live without a room but i dont know others choices and journey ... Why not asking others what is their experience to learn and communicate ? .... Then submit your own choices here and i will thank you for it , it will be wiser to help others doing it instead of criticizing me with no arguments or preposterous claim about my thread goal....

It is better to learn acoustic than buying the costlier amplifier in the world or even the costlier speakers in the world.... Acoustic may even cost very low amount of money with powerful results ....Then audiophile experience is less about the last % of sound "details", and less about the gear brand name itself which is what sellers spoke about, but more about acoustic and psycho-acoustic principles ..... For headphones the best for you are not necessarily the costlier one either.... I want to listen others opinions .... Simple....

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #34 of 39
Ok,

So, I do have myself a sedentary system not too bad, in a dedicated room and acoustically treated. It's one of my references.

About my "eco gears" (my beloved old Dx90 fully modded dap, and my... beloved old a111 - aka f111 ; see my signature - uiem) :

- accurate tones and timbres
- very good dynamic behaviour
- holographic kind of "soundstage"
- good technicalities
- perfectly clean and clear (no noise, no hiss, no ...)

😎🥰👍
Thanks for your participation....

I also own as yourself few Schumann cheap generators.... The best i tried are low cost battery one.... I used some in the unused wall plugs with success too they cost me 10 bucks each... This worked for me in my acoustic room at the times.... Very audible ....I used them with my actual audio system, it is less audible with headphones but it work well enough i keept them.... Anyway i pay them peanuts... In my experience it is not necessary to pay much to reach audible results....

What is your experience about it ?

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #35 of 39
Thanks for your participation....

I also own as yourself few Schumann cheap generators.... The best i tried are low cost battery one.... I used some in the unused wall plugs with success too they cost me 10 bucks each... This worked for me in my acoustic room at the times.... Very audible ....I used them with my actual audio system, it is less audible with headphones but it work well enough i keept them.... Anyway i pay them peanuts... In my experience it is not necessary to pay much to reach audible results....

What is your experience about it ?
About the Schumann resonator?

It works... Very well.

It seems to be strange, weird, but it works... 😅

Fully adopted. Since a couple of years. 👍

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #36 of 39
In my room the testing about the schumann resonators effects was very simple to test.... I bought 12 resonators at 10 bucks each... I bought this number for my test, it is not necessary to buy many only a few will do if the speakers/room are refined enough... I used 2 battery low cost one, many cheap one with transformer, and a costlier USB one ( 50 dollars) .... Very successful in my dedicated room.... The schumann resonators increased in my room what they called in acoustic the "listener envelopment" factor....

When i disconnected half of them or some, the "airy" holographic sphere" around each instruments and also the way the soundfield reach to the listener position decreased much.... Simple to test.... But the audio system and the room must be minimally acoustically good and well set already with a relatively low noise floor , if not the subtle effect but real sound quality increase will be way less audible.... Schumann resonators are cherries on a good audio cake, not the means to make the cake itself..... But you know already that for sure, i wrote it for others...

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #37 of 39
In my room the testing about the schumann resonators effects was very simple to test.... I bought 12 resonators at 10 bucks each... I bought this number for my test, it is not necessary to buy many only a few will do if the speakers/room are refined enough...

When i disconnected half of them or some, the "airy" holographic sphere" around each instruments decreased much.... Simple to test.... But the audio system and the room must be minimally acoustically good and well set already with a relatively low noise floor , if not the subtle effect but real sound quality increase will be way less audible.... Schumann resonators are cherries on a good audio cake, not the means to make the cake itself..... But you know already that for sure, i wrote it for others...
Agreed.

I have only one resonator in use, a "big" one (powerful, with a linear power supply).

Exactly the same constatations. 😉

Mar 23, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #38 of 39
By the way if you are able to read properly you will had understood that i submitted TWO propositions in my opening post... My actual best S.Q. price ratio experience, and a second choice in a future upgrade for something i called a possible very high best S.Q./price ratio ... Then THINK before saying my post disqualify me... I NEVER SPOKE ABOUT THE HIGHEST RATIO IN THE ABSOLUTE but in each one of us journey.... Are you able to understand before criticizing ?

I try to stay constructive and positive , try it , it help to understand others point.... :)

Most people are not interested by the last % of audiophile possible experience.... Most of the times this is the result of advertisement and consumers conditioning... Relatively very good and sound audiophile experience is possible at low cost ... Saying the opposite and devaluating low cost components use is not wise here...

When i spoke about the best ratio S.Q./ price i spoke supposing an evolution in the journey of each people on the road toward good sound.... Then everybody choices will be a signpost in his journey as my own choice above are a signpost in my journey.... Nobody with common sense is interested by the ABSOLUTE best S.Q. in itself.... This is marketing.... And if a component is magically good at 100,000 dollars to reach what you call the last % of audiophile "details" juice , no average audiophile is really interested... Why? Because we dont have the money... And it is preposterous to devaluate relatively low cost components and low cost means to improve sound quality....

My acoustic room takes me few years to be tuned with success at no cost.... Homemade.... Is my room comparable to a 100,000 dollars one ? No not at all, is my room better than any living non dedicated room : YES.....Are you able to understand this simple sentence?

Then my thread is about intelligence, S.Q. at low cost or at cost under 100,000 dollars...My thread is about people personal journey and choices.... Then argumenting that there is no best at low cost, that there is not an audiophile experience under 1000 dollars because of the lacking % of details is common place useless arguing and acoustic ignorance if we speak about basic room acoustic ....

By the way the AKG K340 or the Sansui alpha were TOTL of the past and their audiophile quality had not been erased completely and they are anything save trash.... This is my ACTUAL components... I spoke also about my dreamed upgrade at the BEST RATIO S.Q. /PRICE too .... My thread is there for others to partake about their best S.Q. /price ratio IN THEIR OWN ONGOING JOURNEY not in the absolute.... I am interested by what intelligent people had to say about their audio journey and wise audio money investment and not about Bill Gates audio choice as the best there is at all.... Is it clearer?

Nothing is more easy than to build a top of the world audio system with no money limits.... You dont have to know nothing.... Only people reading audio marketing as truth are interested by that ...Average audiophile like to learn and experiment at low cost.... I am one...
In our audio journey the difficult task and main point is to create and manage the relative best there is at the lowest possible cost... Then i studied basic acoustic to create my room with success.... Who is interested by paying 100,000 bucks to a pro acoustician to build one? Very few people and my thread will not interest them... Is it clearer?

By the way my actual audio system under 1000 bucks is so good now that i dont need anything else....This does not means that it is the BEST there is... My goal here is knowing what are others choices are because i know how to create audiophile experience in a room at low cost now, and with the right optimized headphone i can even live without a room but i dont know others choices and journey ... Why not asking others what is their experience to learn and communicate ? .... Then submit your own choices here and i will thank you for it , it will be wiser to help others doing it instead of criticizing me with no arguments or preposterous claim about my thread goal....

It is better to learn acoustic than buying the costlier amplifier in the world or even the costlier speakers in the world.... Acoustic may even cost very low amount of money with powerful results ....Then audiophile experience is less about the last % of sound "details", and less about the gear brand name itself which is what sellers spoke about, but more about acoustic and psycho-acoustic principles ..... For headphones the best for you are not necessarily the costlier one either.... I want to listen others opinions .... Simple....
So you are interested in creating and maintaining your own blog on Head-Fi.

OK - I get it. Good luck!

Mar 23, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #39 of 39
I am interested by your opinion about what i asked for : what is your experience and journey in audio in the perspective S.Q./price ratio ?

Keeping a thread make no sense, discussing sincerely and frankly make a better deal...Especially nowadays, we all needed participating peaceful and wise discussion.... This hobby is a relaxation for many as myself and we need it.... We dont need a new thread, we need friendly communication...

I will be honored and grateful to read your own experience....Others too....

Thanks in advance.... Anyway i wish you the best....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back