What is the best amp I could get for HD6XX for 100$
Oct 24, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #17 of 28
The magni 3 is CRAZY good for its price. After a/bing it with my Lyr 3, I think I'm liking the magni 3 more with my eikons... I think it'd be a great fit for your hd 6xx :)

Edit: Magni 3 price is $99, you can get it direct from schiit audio
I agree that Schiit products are great value, especially if you live in the US, for europeans shipping costs are very high

Oct 24, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #18 of 28
I agree that Schiit products are great value, especially if you live in the US, for europeans shipping costs are very high

Ahh, I had no idea shipping costs were so high for international customers, that's a great point.

That said, I'd say even at $150 (edit: or even $200) the magni 3 is still a great value, and well worth the price

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2018 at 3:33 AM Post #24 of 28
I was also told that Asgard is the way to go. I would definitely go for it if it weren't that expensive to ship it. As far as I recall it is a class A amplifier with a warm tube like sound signature.

Any alternatives to this where I can buy off the eBay would be perfect. There are so many used asgards in eBay but they come with 110v power supply which i cannot use in my country.

Oct 25, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #25 of 28
I was also told that Asgard is the way to go. I would definitely go for it if it weren't that expensive to ship it. As far as I recall it is a class A amplifier with a warm tube like sound signature.

Any alternatives to this where I can buy off the eBay would be perfect. There are so many used asgards in eBay but they come with 110v power supply which i cannot use in my country.
where are you from?

Oct 25, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #27 of 28
This would probably be a better question to ask in the recommendation thread: https://www.head-fi.org/forums/introductions-help-and-recommendations.7840/

I'll add that I think most of the $100 solutions won't really let you hear what the HD6xx are capable of. Most will make them sound the same if not a slight improvement over your computers audio card. At the least you'll have more volume to play with.

If you could save up for MCTH w/DAC that will really give you a good taste of what the headphones can sound like.

How about Schiit stack(modi 3 and magni 3)? I heard they can drive the hd650 pretty well. I'm thinking going for the stack first and maybe go for the little dot MK 3 for the tube sound. Any suggestions?

Oct 26, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #28 of 28
How about Schiit stack(modi 3 and magni 3)? I heard they can drive the hd650 pretty well. I'm thinking going for the stack first and maybe go for the little dot MK 3 for the tube sound. Any suggestions?

I can’t give you a good recommendation on this combination as i’ve never heard it but why not? When you’re ready to make the jump you can sell the Magni and use the Modi with the Little Dot. Definitely recommend the Little Dot MK3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back