what is the best amp for etymotics er-4s?
Mar 20, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #2 of 10
I've wanted to try the Minibox but never have. You're right about it being recommended. I like a bass boost option and impedance(for ER4P) so my XM5 is my ety amp. This is my best amp for ER4 but not the best.

Mar 20, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #4 of 10
I believe kostalex came up with his recommended list of portable hp amps for the ER4S. I'm also a fan of the ER4S and P. I'm currently using an ER4P APS recabled and I prefer it over my ER4S. It has smoother highs compared to both P and S, and the lows are tighter and deeper compared to the P. I'm currently waiting for my Headstage Arrow amp which has a bass boost like minibox. But its bass boost starts at around 100Hz down compared to the minibox which starts at 1000hz down which can muddy the low mids. I was going to buy a minibox for my Etys but after reading here of problems I decided not to.

Mar 20, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #6 of 10
Anaxilus both of the iBasso offerings sound fine w/ the ER4P although to my ears the D4 w/ the TopKit by HiFlight sounds a bit better. I also have the MiniBox-E+ which is superb with the Ety's specially w/ a pair of AD797 replacing the AD8610. However the MiniBox-E+ although still in production is hard to get, thus I would suggest the D4 or the Leckerton UHA-6S or if you do not need the optical dac input save a few dollars w/ the UHA-6.

iBasso

Leckerton Audio - Products

Mar 21, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you can find a used SR-71 original not the A version this is a nice match with the etys

Correctimundo! however they are few and far between, lately their price has gone through the roof! Specially with Asian buyers, they truly love this amp and so should day it is a wonderful sounding unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back