What is the best $100 open headphones ( in Canada please
Nov 4, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #3 of 14
Grado SR80i
In this category, these are fantastic. They have good clarity and soundstage for the price point. But they are not for everyone, they are pretty bright (emphasis on highs).

Nov 5, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #5 of 14
If you are liking AKG, I'd reccomend the K240 over the K121. Better, and actually cheaper on Amazon.

Personally, I've always felt that AKG headphones lack clarity in comparison to other headphones in their price range. Just my two cents.

Your best bet is to to read the reviews on this website, and figure out which sounds most appealing to you.

But I'd check out the offerings from Shure and Sony in this price range.

Nov 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #6 of 14
Nov 5, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #8 of 14
Try the Takstar HI2050. I'll let you do the job of searching it 
wink.gif

Nov 5, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #9 of 14
I would recommend the Shure SRH 440. The sound is relatively well balanced with extra emphasis on the mid range, great for vocals and guitars! The Grado's sound really good too, but if they're bright they might not be your thing. (Be warned, some SRH440's can be bright, so it's kind of a gamble) The AKG K142 HD is on sale for a great price! You should really consider these cans O.o 

Nov 5, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #10 of 14
  I would recommend the Shure SRH 440. The sound is relatively well balanced with extra emphasis on the mid range, great for vocals and guitars! The Grado's sound really good too, but if they're bright they might not be your thing. (Be warned, some SRH440's can be bright, so it's kind of a gamble) The AKG K142 HD is on sale for a great price! You should really consider these cans O.o 

C'mon bro. Dat rolloff doe. Dat is one bright headphone.

Nov 6, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #12 of 14
  thx guys for the advice. im still leanng towards the k240. r they good for metal and rock

Yes. They are bit heavy on the upper bass, which provides a fun sound for hard rock and metal music. Drums and the bass guitar will really shine on these headphones.

When I say "bass-heavy," don't think like Beats, the AKG K240 are much better and more tame, I just want you to know that they are not neutral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back