What is my next upgrade of interconnector....
Aug 19, 2003 at 6:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Uncledan

Headphoneus Supremus
Now I have Outlaws 0.5m RCA cable, and I plan to get upgrade my cable, what should I get for a budgets around $100 to $150. Also used pair is fine for me.

Aug 19, 2003 at 6:37 AM Post #2 of 25
Try something silver. You should be able to find something like that. Perhaps Homegrown?

Aug 19, 2003 at 6:43 AM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
Try something silver. You should be able to find something like that. Perhaps Homegrown?

Since I am pretty new to interconnector, so what are the best choice within my price range??!?!?

Aug 19, 2003 at 6:54 AM Post #5 of 25
If the Homegrown prices are a bit too much for your budget, you can contact JMT. I heard he makes these too and a .5 m length would be a softer blow for your pockets.

If you want to go on a lower quality scale than the silvers, Kimber PBJ is also worth considering.

Aug 19, 2003 at 7:14 AM Post #7 of 25
Uncledan, it's your lucky day. A fully assembled 0.5m Silver Lace costs $190 without shipping. And that's the factory price which rises higher if you'll get these cables in other places. Grab these now!!!

And have no fears! You'll see a lot of good raves about these braided sweeties here.

Aug 19, 2003 at 1:28 PM Post #8 of 25
Here's a silver cable that's getting great reviews and the price is reasonable.

Bogdan IC, Silver, with Eichmann Bullets 1M for $120

1 meter is a good length- more potential for future use and better resale value.

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.p...6469553&2&3&4&

Silver cables can sound a little brighter so some consideration is required based on your system.

Usual disclaimer. I don't know the seller.

Mitch

Aug 19, 2003 at 3:55 PM Post #9 of 25
If you still have the RKV I would also recommend trying silver. I owned Home Grown Audio (HGA) cables for over 2 years. In your price range you should at least try the HGA Super Silvers - they have a money-back gaurantee so there isn't much to risk. The HGA Silver Lace is a significant improvement but is outside your stated budget.

The other recommendation I have is the Zu Cable Varial. They retail considerably more than $150 but I was able to purchase mine for around $175 used.

Aug 19, 2003 at 6:05 PM Post #10 of 25
Thanks for all respone. Now, I try to get a used Homegrown Silver Lace 1m. I guess it should be around $130-150. braillediver, you are right, 0.5m is little bit short.
biggrin.gif

Gallaine, yes, I am using my RKV with my K1000.
wink.gif

Aug 20, 2003 at 1:43 AM Post #12 of 25
Are you guys sure that silver is necessarily the way to go? I've never heard the K1000, but from what I have read, the bottom end is somewhat lacking. Unless you get some good silvers, there is a chance that you your system will be too bright and lean sounding. Of course, I realize that the RKV is neither bright nor lean, but still, I think Silver is not necessarily the automatic choice.

What is it that you like/dislike about the Outlaws?

Aug 20, 2003 at 2:16 AM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by radrd
but from what I have read, the bottom end is somewhat lacking.

There was an impression on the Super Silver way back stating just that. And that could be true. The Super Silvers are the mid-end cables of Homegrown Audio. The "Silver Lace" on the other hand are different animals. You should hear how these cables go on all the frequencies. The soundstage gets even clearer if you have a source that sweeps wide ranges. But beware, these cables are very revealing if there's a trace of DAC negative dynamics. At this price, these cables are IMO a big steal.

Hirsch: Quote:

The Silver Lace are an extremely neutral interconnect, IMO. There was some sibilance in my system using the MIT MI-330 II cable than went away when I switched to the Silver Lace. Mine transmit plenty of bass.

DarkAngel:
Quote:

they are some of the smoothest most natural sounding silver ICs available. I find the bass response very impressive

acidtripwow: Quote:

With this cable in my system I could definitely hear the cymbal hits much clearer on the Diana Krall "Live in Paris" DVD. I also noticed this cable will let you hear very subtle details like when Diana Krall makes some wierd moaning noises when she's really getting into the music. I barely noticed them with other cables but with this cable I didn't have to strain to hear little details like that.

Aug 20, 2003 at 2:18 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

What is it that you like/dislike about the Outlaws?

The Outlaws cable sound great in my system, however, I guess I may need something better for the RCA. After I get my new cable, I will try to A/B test the Outlaws to my new cable. At this point, I am try to buy a IC within my budgets.

Aug 20, 2003 at 5:42 AM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by gus_tavo
There was an impression on the Super Silver way back stating just that...

Unholy carp, a newbie who knows how to use the search function! Welcome to the forums! (_: (Oops, my nose fell.)

Seriously -- my experience with silver is limited to one, and it did, indeed, lack bass, but I have been told that others' experiences have been better. But it was seriously smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back