what is missing
Jan 7, 2024 at 4:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

monf3307

100+ Head-Fier
OK so first off I probably have too many headphones. I got my standard home-alone, super-lovely open dynamic in a Clear MG. I use Elegia for travel because they are semi-similar while being closed.

I got DT880 and HD650 as reference. I have a few MDR-V6 copies for utility, like zoom meetings and testing, split up by location (office, home, backpack). Grado SR80x in the car and as a change-up.

I have some DCA Aeons that I got with a jotunheim and the pairing is sublime. It was also my first foray into planar magnetic.

I keep talking myself both into and out of an LCD-X pair. The Aeons are lovely but closed and I think I am more of an open guy (when conditions allow). Arya is a possibility here but lean Audeze over Hifiman. Or maybe I want a higher-end higher-impedence beyer like DT1990? It would sit well at one of my listening stations that has tubes.

Or maybe I should dump it all and get a single utopia to go with a single closed or even wireless pair of similar stature. Who knows!

Jan 7, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #2 of 3
No. Pour yourself a glass of scotch and relax.

Jan 7, 2024 at 9:33 AM Post #3 of 3
No. Pour yourself a glass of scotch and relax.
hah, yes :) maybe listen to some more music too :dt880smile:

i will definitely be doing some consolidation at some point. i have a basic measurements rig and once i get some numbers, some of my less-favorite cans will be going on up ebay or similar.

i do, however, want each of my "listening stations" (office, family room, bedroom nightstand) to be well equipped

Users who are viewing this thread

Back